I recently stayed at the Inn during late March of 2013. I stayed with the sole purpose of using the hotel for transit since I arrived late in Male and would leave early the next day. Here is a short synopsis of my experience:
+ Prior to the trip, hotel staff were very responsive during email. This was good.
+ The greeter was very friendly and was very knowledgeable. He was filling in temporarily, but was good-natured and greeted me at the airport
- I was informed by the greeter that transportation is limited on the island. I had a shuttle scheduled, but due to limited availability and the fact I was told our plane arrived "late"-- which it wasn't reasonably late (I was out of customs 10 minutes after our arrival time), I would have to wait for 45 more min. before I could get a ride to the hotel. After 30 mins, I was fortunate to board a bus with the greeter and get to the hotel.
->I'm aware that transportation at 1AM can be limited, but this was a little frustrating after many hours of travel
->What's more frustrating is PAYING FOR SHUTTLE SERVICE and getting bus service instead. I tried to dispute the charge for a few minutes and that it should have been adjusted, but with the late hour, the greeter being a temp, and being in a fair enough mood to not argue over a bit of money, I let it go.
- No wake up call as promised. No phone in the room, but a knock could have been helfpul This would be key since I needed to get to the airport in the early AM. No problem, I set an alarm.
- I went downstairs confused as to the shuttle service back to the airport. No one at the front desk, but a man in the kitchen. It was 15-minutes before the time I was earlier told I would have to catch the shuttle. There was a communication problem and I opted instead to wait for the shuttle "just in case" instead of having breakfast. Still no one at the front desk, I put the room key on the front-desk keyboard and boarded the shuttle.
All in all, the Inn is functional for a night's rest and a shower. I understand the difficulties of an under-resourced island, but the stay was a little confusing and not the way I wanted to start my vacation. I've experienced better staff experiences at guest houses and inns in other "more austere" places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the developing island of Hulhumale just a 10 minute taxi ride from Male International Airport, a 20 minute ferry journey from the capital city Male and a few steps away from a white sandy beach, Hulhumale Inn provides an ideal base from which to explore the capital area of the Maldives. Whether your stay is an overnight transfer, a business trip or a budget holiday, every effort is made at Hulhumale Inn to ensure guests feel at home and are offered the essential requirements for a comfortable and pleasant stay including, 24 hr tea and coffee making facilities, bottled water and internet access. Guests can take advantage of experiencing life on a local island whilst enjoying a wide range of water sports including scuba diving, wind surfing and water skiing. Adventure packages, day trips to close by local islands and resorts, snorkeling excursions, fishing trips and BBQs can all be arranged. So whether you are looking for a vibrant city trip or a relaxed beach break Hulhumale Inn can provide your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hulhumale Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hulhumale Inn Maldives