“10 days of fun!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Tania
Mountain Adventure Camps
Reviewed July 9, 2014

To be honest I wasn't excited of the thought of going but when I got there I didn't want to leave! There were a variety of activities. From rafting to archery to tree climbing and all were great fun! The chalets were cute and spacious. The beds were really comfortable! I'm a fussy eater and even I thought the food was good! Thanks Matt, Jade, Sofie, Frances, Julian, Alyssa for the great start to the summer holidays!!!!! See you next year!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
mtncamps, Owner at Mountain Adventure Camps, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for the review. Its great to hear that you had such a great time and that you didn't want to leave! Hopefully we will see you again next year!!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been on a lot of ski holidays and I was really impressed with the operation run by Matt Barker and his team, nothing was too much trouble. Overall excellent value for money, the food was exceptional and the accommodation was perfect for our needs.

I would recommend Mountain Adventure Camps to anyone looking for a well organised, value for money ski holiday with a personal touch.

Good times!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I got the chance to ski with a few friends this year that had already booked this chalet. The price was so reasonable, that I had reservations about what to expect. Having done numerous chalet holidays, the money we were paying suggested a very basic experience.
I could not have been more mistaken. We were greeted at the airport and transferred personally by the director Matt. Upon arriving at the chalet we were greeted by the chalet manager and Chef with a lovely afternoon tea.
The menu every evening was considered and varied. The quality was excellent and the friendly service created a really relaxed environment after a hard days skiing. We were greeted daily with afternoon tea and an excellent example of the Chefs baking skills.
Every morning we were fed an excellent breakfast with all hot and cold options available. The staff made sure we had the weather report and suggested runs of the day. They even joined us on the slopes for a few days to share their local knowledge of the best runs and places to eat up the hill.
There was adequate ski storage facilities and the chalet location was convenient for both the slopes and the local bars.
You will not get a better value holiday experience in the three valleys. The personal touch tendered by this company make your experience special. I have been singing their praises to anybody that will listen.
I have been on some good and bad chalet holidays, and this one was the best value for money and I will definitely be rebooking for next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Had an amazing time with Mountain Adventure Camps, the chalet was spacious and comfortable and we received a warm welcome when we arrived, complete with tea and the most delicious brownies!

It didn't stop there though, afternoon tea was always waiting when we arrived back from a hard days skiing and it continued to be just as amazing as the first.

The chalet and food exceeded our expectations, Jade was obviously passionate about the food and we were served 3 excellent courses every evening with free flowing wine and brilliant hospitality from Matt the company owner.

We felt completely at home during this week and his company provided us with much more than we expected for our money. We will be sure to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I have been skiing many times and it really is not my thing , but the family love it. So when we heard about a ski holiday with alternative activities it sounded interesting, and worth a try. So, how was it? Brilliant!
We tried out everything including skiing. The selection of ski runs available meant there was something to suit the wide range of levels in our group.
What else did we get up to?
Snow shoeing – great exercise and a lovely peaceful way to really take in your surroundings. Our local guide was very interesting with excellent English, so we had an opportunity to learn a little about the area we were walking in.
Dog sledging. - It probably helps if you don’t mind dogs! We all loved this. I am not sure who was the most excited; the dogs or us! We all felt it was one of the most memorable highlights of the trip.
Nordic skiing – now made famous by the Olympics. This is a winter sport that everyone should try at least once. Advantages over normal skiing include comfy boots and very light skis. It is harder than it looks but it is an amazing all body workout. We had a great laugh trying to conquer the basics, under the guidance of our professional coach.
The final challenge of the week was Ice climbing. This became a family challenge with each of us spurred on and encouraged by the others. Again our instructor was good and clear and made us feel very safe. It was a massive highlight for all of us, especially me because I hadn’t realized that I was going to have to abseil down. I never thought I would be able to but, I DID IT! Such a buzz! The fitter and more competitive ones couldn’t resist the challenge of the vertical ascent, when encouraged to have another go!

So that is the activities.

What else. Good comfortable accommodation. Nice place to curl up and relax if all the activities were too much!
Fabulous and plentiful food – all home made including luscious cakes.
Good selection at breakfast including a hot option. Three course evening meals far surpassed our expectations of standard chalet fodder. This was more like going out for a really nice dinner each night! Thanks Jade and happy helper Rach for all your hard work. Matt too for organizing and general cheerleading!

The MASSH team, Matt, Rachel and Jade were great fun. Nothing was too much trouble. Much hilarity was had during the evenings for those with energy to play games.

All in all a terrific time was had by all.
We were a family of four with grown up (20 something) sons who like to have a week or so a year on holiday together. We have already recommended this to friends, especially those with folks who are not die-hard 6 hour a day skiers! Having said that you can also ski and do activities, so what is not to like?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Our visit to the Alps with Mountain Adventure Camps began by picked up by Matt the company owner who promptly got us to the chalet in the mountains. We were greeted by the staff who immediately made us feel at home by serving us with one of the most delicious roast dinners I have have had the pleasure to eat, exactly what you need after the travel. With a variety of different activities to choose from this was not your normal ski trip of hitting the mountains every day.

Activities
My wife, who doesn't ski or board, had the opportunity to go snow shoeing, ice climbing, husky rides, or relaxing at one of the hotels. It was great that she could do this while I went boarding guilt free! All the activities were brilliant fun, well priced, and professionally run.

Jade was our chalet chef, and having never done a fully catered chalet holiday before I didn't know what to expect and to be honest I didn't have high expectations. However, this had to be one of the highlights of the holiday, every day was a 3 course meal and the quality was fantastic. Freshly cooked, and delicious. Jade is clearly very talented and we really enjoyed being spoilt for the week.

Accommodation
The chalet was a beautiful rustic building overlooking the Corchevals and the other resorts, It was spacious, clean, and there were games and WiFI available. Our one criticism would be the location, as it was not in a resort but that was reflected in the price and Matt compensated for that by driving us where we needed to get to. I have heard since that they have got a different chalet in La Tania so this comment is probably not relevant anymore

Team
The Mountain Adventures Camp team were very helpful and friendly. They had all been working in the area for a long time so their knowledge of the slopes, activities and amenities were excellent.

Overall we were very happy with our holiday, we left relaxed, happy and well fed, and my wife who doesn't like skiing got to enjoy the snow as well so you can't ask for more than that. We would be very happy to use Matt's company again and have recommended ti to others. Especially for the summer adventure camps he also runs when all the snow disappears.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We were apprehensive initially for being away with our little girl on less than 2 but it turned out to be the best family holiday we had. Staff were very warm, caring and bent over backwards to accommodate our needs. The food was gorgeous each night and we were spoiled with tea and the most delicious cakes at 5o'clock.The chef - a lovely girl made sure my toddler's meals were considered and I had access to self catering also.
we took turns for the activities - my husband a keen snowboarder found it easy to have his pass and access sorted.He also enjoyed the husky sleigh ride and it was the highlight of his trip.
I loved the snowshoeing experience- a beautiful walk with a knowledgable guide arranged by staff in the most beautiful surroundings spiced up with some cassis( fruity liquor ) by the side of a frosted river.
Ice climbing was another favourite and though you's think you'd never do that it was great and very rewarding for all those who did it.I loved the nordic skiing experience inspite the most comic falls on the baby tracks I loved the challenge.
The views from the chalet were stunning, the accommodation was very warm and cosy and not the least beautiful rustic looking -and all throughout it felt homely.
The staff and the small group which we shared the chalet with were engaged in games, conversation and activities - it all felt as if we were looked after family and friends.
All in all extremely good value for the money we paid and amazing memories.We hope we can only do it again and our friends do it as well and most certainly try the summer family experience also.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family