“Perfect summer camp for kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Tania
Mountain Adventure Camps
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Perfect summer camp for kids”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We sent our 12 year old to Mountain Adventure Camps this year for a 10 day summer camp, with two of his friends, and it was everything you could possibly want as a parent from a summer camp. They loved every minute of it, and Matt and the crew were fantastic.

If you are looking for a summer camp for your child then this is the one, take my advice. We are a nailed-on certainty for next summer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We travelled to Courcheval in August with 2 teenagers, 18 and 16, and an 11 year old. Although we were staying in a chalet belonging to friends of ours, we participated in activities arranged by Mountain Adventure Camps, located in nearby La Tania. From the very beginning of arranging our trip till the day we left, I cannot commend Matt and his team enough for their commitment to making our holiday the best family holiday we have had. From replying to my emails no matter what day of the week, down to switching activities around to accommodate us, nothing was ever too much trouble. Rachel even took the responsibility of looking after our youngest Mark during the activities so we could get on with enjoying the challenges that many of them brought! Everything was arranged in advance for us so we knew exactly what we were doing each day, essential with teenagers as often apathy can set in and very little ends up happening! No arguments, no stress just loads of fun. We were didnt even have to worry about directions to the various places as Rachel and Matt either picked us up or we followed them to the location .The activities were geared to all levels and each of us had our favourite....whitewater rafting, mountain biking, via ferrata, hiking with overnight stay in a refuge ( which was definitely a different experience!!) to name a few, many of which we had never done before. As usual Matt, Rachel and Emily were at hand for reassurance and encouragement if needed. We laughed so much and the added advantage of being having so much fun during the day, meant that we had lots of things to talk about over dinner in the evening, which was fantastic family time.
As a family we had a fabulous time as an activity holiday caters for younger kids, as well as teenagers and even for less adventurous parents! It was a great mix of activity and relaxation. It would not have been what it was though, if it had not been for the staff of Mountain Adventure Camps, whose organisation, dedication and patience made it a holiday we will all remember and hopefully will repeat. A huge thank you to Matt and Rachel for everything!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Mountain Adventure Camps was wicked! When my Dad first said about going away on camp I didn’t really want to because I didn’t want to be away from home but once I got there and the staff were really nice to me and I made friends with the other kids it was really good and I had lots of fun!

I don’t really like water so I was nervous about the rafting but that was really fun and Yannick the guide was really nice to me. I think my favourite was the high ropes though because I love heights and Rachel came with us!

French was fun, unlike school, I wish learning was always like that.

The food was AMAZING! I loved the chocolate mousse the best. The only bad thing is that they make you eat your vegetables, but I found out that I like peppers!! Aubergine is still yucky.

The chalet is really nice, there is lots of space and you share a room with just one other person so that’s really cool. The camping was not so luxurious but it was really funny and I loved telling scary stories and learning how to build a fire.

I would recommend Mountain Adventure Camps even if you’re a little scared to go away from home because you’ll have a really great time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a fantastic week away with Mountain Adventure Camps. We experienced everything from Volleyball to Mountain Biking.

As a family our favourite activity had to be the rafting - we were all a little nervous and apprehensive about what to expect but we needn't have been - it was well worth it and the guides were exceptional at putting our fears to rest very quickly.

My personal favourite was the Mountain Refuge - this took me right back to my childhood adventures - a real taste of rustic mountain life.

Having an active holiday with Mountain Adventure Camps really gave our family a chance to spend some quality time together and try new activities. French lessons gave me the chance to brush up on my language skills and the subsequent opportunity to impress the local market traders was great.

A big thank you to all the team for making it such a great holiday.

Jim Turner

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had such a great time at Mountain Adventure Camps with Rachel & Matt. I loved rafting and biking down the mountain with everyone. :)

My french has improved so much and I've been practicing at home with my mum and dad, they're also impressed with my new pizza-making skills. We went camping, which was really fun, especially having marshmallows on the camp fire!

I hope I can come back next year for more adventures and food!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff are really nice and they are always there to help you when needed.

One of our boys broke his leg because he fell down a bank and two staff stayed with him to the hospital and an extra two would take us to visit him every day afterwards until the end.

When the rain came down on our third day, they had an activity planned that would work fine. And when we finished hiking to the refuge, they had perfectly set everything up as if they had two days to prepare. However, they had 5 hours to prepare.

The chalet is a nice little cosy home. Whenever we came home, we were always welcomed by some warmth and also some ‘Welcome Back’ sniffs from the two beautiful dogs, Roxy and Daisy.

When night comes round, we all had a half hour before Lights Out (10pm) in which we could use our phones, chill with other kids and all that other stuff that us kids like to do in our free time. At lights out, we climb into our beds, which had nice soft mattresses and soft pillows and duvets.

The food was certainly the best you would probably ever find at any summer camp. On the Sundays, you would have a traditional Sunday Roast for supper. Every other day, apart from last dinner, you would have work of art food, pasta is one example. One day you would have a barbeque – vegetable kebabs, chicken skewers and burgers. On the last night, you would have homemade pizza, as a tradition.

The mountain biking was amazing! It was the best when I was going uncontrollably fast down the trails. But, the white water rafting was by FAR the best! It was fantastic when I was in the training sessions but little did I know what was to come up ahead. Whenever my boat hit a wave of at least level 3, it was so thrilling that I knew that it couldn’t get any wetter. But each time I thought this, I was hit by a medley of larger waves.

Boy, do I WISH I could go back again and again and again! I had a fantastic time at Mountain Adventure Camps! You HAVE TO COME!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were on the family adventure package at the end of August, there was myself, my wife and our daughter (aged 9)
The holiday was excellent. Matt, Rachel and Emily run a personal but very professional operation with a good range of activities. We were particularly impressed by the way all of the activities were organized to encompass everyone’s abilities such that whilst they were inclusive for all they still remained challenging.
One example of the way activities are run was the rafting; this took place along a 23km length of the Isere river. We were divided into two groups, my daughter, who was in our raft for the first half (grades 1-2) was then taken out, very small children can be bounced right out of the rafts in the second section; when we reached the rapids (grades 3-4) the lines taken by the two boats differed slightly so that one boat were given a slightly rougher ride through, in this way both the white knuckle crowd and those preferring a (slightly) more sedate experience are accommodated, we were then reunited with our daughter who had been transferred by road to the end and entertained until we arrived.
The location is stunning in its beauty, the accommodation was good, as was the food; we would not hesitate to recommend this package to anyone who is looking for an active family holiday.