10 reasons why we can warmly recommend this house:
• the location is gorgeous, in a part of the island sunny as well in winter;
Asomada is very calm, still central to reach main attractions of the island easily (Timanfaya national park, playa Papagayo)
• you can enjoy a picturesque garden with sea views, equipped with sunbeds, jacuzzi, barbecue and a large dining area (it’s protected from the wind most of the time, we could eat breakfast outdoors end of December)
• the place is totally private, still in case of any need the owners, who live in a house above, will answer your questions through whatsApp within an instant
• both owners are charming, flexible and kind at all times;
they’ll help you to find hidden spots or good restaurants if you ask them
• the house is spacious, cosy and we didn’t miss a thing! You can count on mosquito nets above the beds, soft towels, shampoo, a sugar bowl or dishwasher soap as well as a toaster, microwave or coffee machine, not to mention candles or adapter plugs...
It’s not at all like in many rental places, where you first have to shop even your second roll of toilet paper. We appreciated this hospitality and care a lot.
• in the cooler season there are enough devices (gas oven etc.) to warm the rooms
• you can park your car on a parking lot directly above the house
• if you want to avoid driving, you might as well go for nice walks directly from Casa Tabobo, for example to the village of Uga
• we could bring our dog with us and were grateful for that
• last, but not least: good WLAN (;
What you need to know:
• a rental car is helpful
• a shopping center (Eurospar) isn’t far, but too far to walk there and bring home larger quantities of groceries
• if you’d like to eat out and not end up in „tourist places“ with no local touch and food, ask the owners for advice!
We loved the restaurants in Playa Quemada (only 8 km away from the house on the shore), el Volcan de la Corona in Ye, Bodega Santiago in Yaiza and Costa Azul in El Golfo.