“Great food, great service, great view... what more could you ask for”
Review of The Dunmore

The Dunmore
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Laurel, Maryland
“Great food, great service, great view... what more could you ask for”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The flank steak salad was not only enormous, but especially tasty and cooked to order perfectly. Erica and Henry are most charming and exude hospitality and customer service. The Dunmore truly lives up to its reputation as the best resort on the island. Their makeover was from top to bottom and stem to stern. Chef staff, wait staff service employees, decor, everything has been revamped with customer service, comfort and quality as the rule, not the exception. They're still building Residences at the Dunmore; be prepared for sticker shock at the asking price is all I'll say. No complaints from me about its exclusivity. This boutique resort is a true gem! I'll be back.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank VacationJudy

Tampa, Florida
“Great Views While You Dine”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Not only do you get a great dining experience while at The Dunmore the views are outstanding. You can see the pink sands and crystal clear waters while you eat some of the best food on HI. The service is great and although you don't have to make reservations you will get a better table if you do. Be sure during your stay you save a night for The Dunmore.

1 Thank Mark P
“Best place in Harbour Island”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I just love this place! I couldn't get a reservation during new year's week but I literally lunched or dined here everyday while I was in the Island. The hotel is gorgeous, charming, cozy and the food at the restaurant is delicious!

• Visited January 2014
Vero Beach, FL
“The Best Night in Harbour Island!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have been coming to HI for almost 30 years but have not been to Dunmore Beach Club in almost 20 years. After reading recent reviews, I thought it was time to give them another chance while there for the week celebrating my best friend's 60th birthday. We booked in advance for Saturday night-our last night on the island. Requested a table on the terrace which was perfect. When we arrived we were surprised with a fantastic duo playing out on the terrace right by our table. The setting was fantastic (full moon and all) and the service was great. They clearly have the best bartender on the island along with great food as well. We danced the night away, however, we were the only ones dancing, but who cares.....
They have done such a great job with the renovations there and it now is the best setting in HI. We had stopped by several times throughout the week for cocktails, appetizers, and lunch, but Saturday night was THE BEST!
We will be back for sure!!!!

3 Thank BethIRC
Woolwine, Virginia
“Nice total experience”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We went for lunch on the recommendation of Michele at the Beach House. It was a very goo recommendation. I had the mahi mahi sandwich and it was perhaps as good as it gets. The atmosphere is excellent and the outside seating so toucan see the ocean is great ambiance.
Service was good. The others in my party were well pleased with their meals.
I think it is one of those places you owe it to yourself to experience.
One anecdote, my sister asked for some pepper for her soup. She wanted cracked black pepper. What she got was a small cup of orange liquid! Funny how even when everyone speaks English how things can be misinterpreted.