“always a smile”

Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Wallington
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I always find the staff friendly and welcoming at the Elkhorn Roadhouse, no matter what time of the day I go there or whether I am having a meal or just coffee..... my waist would like me to share with my friends the yummy cakes and slices but my head tells me its best to be selfish. Don't pass by this cafe.

2  Thank 255100Mariam

Reviewed February 22, 2013

After doing a number of road trips with my family, we have experienced a large number of side of the road cafes, small local treasures at the heart of their community. We always thought of these places as "day time pubs" as it is here that people in local towns meet and mix through out their day. But one our recent trip down the great ocean road, an unexpected detour through Wallington found us sitting at the charming cafe "The Elkhorn Roadhouse". A friendly atmosphere filled with smiling faces, the cafe has both an in and out door seating. We chose a table outside covered with an umbrella. The cafe, although elegant is also moulded with trees and plants. The place had an open feel that set it apart from some of the other place we've been stuck inside whishing for a breeze. The food was incredible, and after inquiring, we discovered that alll the ingredients were made locally. The staff were friendly and happy to oblige in every way, and with a small playground for the kids, it gave us some time for a quiet coffee, which after one sealed the need fo a return!

Overall, the time at the elkhorn was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and i would recoment a visit to all passer-byers.

2  Thank Walker123456
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Never hve I got such rude customer service I sat at a table and after 20 mins of not been given a menu I went to the counter and got told very abruptly that I had to wait and a waiter will come to me. After another 10 minutes of waiting and seeing other people come in and get menus straight away we walked out and went straight to Starfish in Barwon Heads. Best decision ever!! We are also locals so they defiently were rude to the wrong people. Will never return.
This is the second time I have been there and the first time was the same however I had a breakfast meal and it was overpriced

3  Thank Jasblkwood
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Came here for lunch. Coffee and food above average but prices for food are expensive for a cafe (without a view). The meals actually tasted great, but the portions were small. Would like to come back again but the prices will keep me away.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

What a true gem of an eatery, no fuss yummy food using local produce, the tasting plate is just that, very tasty! Great coffee, cheerful staff and a shop full of goodies to buy, if you just need a coffee or a meal, this is a place you must not drive past!

1  Thank Morkie8