“Great find”

Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Wallington
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Travelling through the beautiful Ocean Grove I stumbled across the Elkhorn, such a cute restaurant with a great outdoor patio area. Service was wonderful and the food was excellent, best banana pancakes I've had and the cappuccino was perfect. All the food is fresh and local and I made a point of eating here every day that I stayed in Wallington. Definitely a great lunch-stop to add to your your travel plans, and make sure to try the lemon squares!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

i read a review of the Elkhorn a couple of months after it opened and a couple of months before I moved to Ocean Grove from Northcote. When I first visited I was impressed with the manageable-sized but excellent breakfast menu............and now we eat there at least once a week! The girls are all gorgeous, the produce fresh, the atmosphere exactly as you would want in a country cafe.............its just fabulous! Definitely book its a sad morning when we miss out.

1  Thank taraandthelovelypete
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Food is overpriced although I like that these use local produce. Service is extremely rude and not friendly at all. Being a local I would go here all the time but the customer service completely turned me off I would prefer drive that little bit further to barwon heads for similar priced food but atleast I would get a friendly smile

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Nice vista and rural feel. Coffee was OK but pricey and found serve dismissive and a bit rude frankly when the got the order wrong 3 times in a row and still didn't sort it; couldn't be bothered arguing after that.. Pity as otherwise could be nice.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

To be honest, I was so hesitant to review this place, because it's Wallington's best kept secret! Enough said. :)