“Great for a special occasion”
Review of Marty @ Oakdene

Marty @ Oakdene
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Wallington
Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Renowned as a fantastic addition to the Bellarine Peninsula with absolutely flawless execution and presentation, Oakdene Vineyards Restaurant boasts a modern Australian and European cuisine with an array of fresh local produce. Award winning Executive Chef and Manager, Welshman Marty Chichester previously owned and managed popular restaurants in Wales and Sydney. Oakdene has recently won the National awards for 'Restaurant in a Winery' and 'Tourism Restaurant' by the Restaurant and Catering Hostplus Awards for Excellence.
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We last dined at Oakdene a few years ago, and were pretty disappointed with the food quality for the price charged. However, now I can not speak highly enough of the food. One of the best seafood risottos I have had, and the steaks were cooked to perfection. Although there was only two staff serving on the floor, service was attentive and very friendly. Well worth the price for a special night out, will definitely be back.

Robyn F, General Manager at Marty @ Oakdene, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of Oakdene. We're so glad that you tried us again & had a great experience. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I travel all over Australia appearing at cooking shows, country field days and other exhibitions. I dine out between 250 - 300 times a year due to my work and in past years, business and pleasure have also taken me to England, Ireland, New Zealand and the USA.
Sometimes returning to a restaurant I have made favorable comments about and recommended hundreds of people to becomes an embarrassing nightmare when I later discover that the chef has changed or the menu is no longer the same. However, in the instance of Oakdene; Executive Chef, Marty Chichester, has been in residence for 12 years now. The menu is consistently excellent and the dessert tasting plate is edible art. Nothing and nowhere surpasses the combined ambiance, service and gourmet delights which await every diner in this wonderful establishment. In my vast experience of dining out around the world, I have never had any establishment maintain the excellent standards which Oakdene presents on each and every visit. It is a MUST to dine there.

Thankyou so much for your wonderful review of Oakdene. We love the fact that Marty has been with us for such a long time and are glad that you think the restaurant has maintained its standards over the years.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

The ambience of the property is something that hits you on entering the driveway.
The property looks splendid with spot lights and fairy lights leading you toward your dining experience.
From the moment you enter the restaurant you are welcome by the Maitre'd and shown to your table.
You are not just fed but you are wined and dined something that the majority of hospitality proffessionals neglect to do.
For their menu just go to their website.
Do not be put off by the price because it is worth it.

Robyn F, General Manager at Marty @ Oakdene, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thankyou for your kind review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have been to Oakdene three times over the past two years, and each time I left happy and impressed with the improvements made to the place. Each time, I introduced it to a different friend and invariably each of them would say that it is the best winery restaurant in Victoria. I have to agree wholeheartedly.

Last Saturday, we had the 6-course degustation – trout, duck, snapper, lamb, pork, scallop and dessert. Each course is exquisitely prepared with lots of heart. You can feel the TLC of the chef in the food. The service was also most polite and attentive, but not snobbishly formal like some fine restaurants. At $105 pp, it is good price for the quality. We had a bottle of sparkling shiraz that went well with all the courses. Before dessert was served, we took a walk in the gardens, enjoyed the afternoon sun before sitting down again.
If you are after good food, wine and a nice big place to relax on a nice warm afternoon, this is definitely the place to be. Our 5 hours went by happily. Will definitely be back soon.

Thankyou Sarah, for your wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved our 6 course degustation & that you like to introduce different friends to our venue. Looking forward to you returning.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

What better combination can there possibly be than great food, fabulous wine and a beautiful winery setting. After much deliberation we chose Oakdene for a lazy Sunday lunch and I'm so glad we did. Whilst I'd have to say that there was probably a tad too much garlic in my seafood spaghetti, luckily I do love my garlic, but not sure it would suit everyone.
That said, we'd definitely return.

Thankyou for your review Sally. We do love the fact that at Oakdene you can do a cellar door tasting & then have lunch. We appreciate your comment on the garlic, & will take it on board.