We are just back from a fortnight with Nick and Karoll at Reefview. The apartments are located within minutes of a wild and unspoilt beach where local fishermen compete for fish with the pelicans and frigate birds. A short drive away are numerous other spectacular white sandy beaches with or without beach bars and local restaurants.
Nick and Karoll generously share their extensive knowledge of the island and are experts at describing the local flora and fauna. A snorkelling trip from their boat is an incredible experience. Nick has an encyclopaedic knowledge of marine life and we were thrilled to see reef sharks, turtles, an eagle ray, lobsters and shoals of multi-coloured fish whilst being expertly and safely guided.
Our clean and airy apartment had all the amenities we required and a lovely balcony with views of Monserrat. We were able to cook there or eat out at recommended local restaurants or eat freshly caught fish barbecued by our hosts.
This is a great place to stay especially if you don't want the bland all-inclusive type of holiday. Thanks to Nick and Karoll we feel that we know a bit about the real Antigua and would thoroughly recommend a stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay