My new husband and I spent 2 weeks at Reefview Apartments, the Penthouse Suite. Nick and Karoll couldn't have been more helpful and the apartment had everything we needed and, if there was anything extra we needed, they were very quick and willing to provide it. Their knowledge of the island and advice on places to go ensured that we had a wonderful holiday and mixed with the locals. This is what we were hoping for when choosing the self-catering option.
The location is good. Close to a beach and buses into St John are frequent and cheap. There are several nice beaches and restaurants en route so a car is not necessary unless you want to tour the whole island.
The icing on the cake, though, was the way in which Karoll planned our wedding. She selected a fabulous venue, Jacqui O's, drove us to Government House to register and arranged all the necessary appointments like hairdressers etc. It made for a very smooth run up to the wedding.
So if you're thinking of getting married in Antigua we can highly recommend doing it this way.
We'd definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay