We have just returned from a fantastic 2 week stay with Nick and Karroll in their sea view apartment. We did not want to stay in a built up resort as we wanted to be able to experience the "real Antigua" and you could not have asked for more from this couple who were always there to offer advice and knowledge about the local area.
You must, must, must book the snorkelling trip with them as we saw some of the most amazing sea life from conger eels, stingray, starfish, barracuda and to top it off we got to swim with the turtles which was an unbelievable experience! For the first week we travelled everywhere by bus which was great fun and the second week we hired a 4x4 which is definitely a must if you want to see some of the remote beaches. Also you have to visit Chappies bar and mix with the regulars and try some of the local dishes washed down with a few Wadadli's (local beer).
If you are looking for a home from home in the Caribbean and want glorious beaches, fantastic accommodation, not forgetting Karolls legendary rum punch and local information at your fingertips (whilst watching the pennies) then this is the place to stay without a doubt!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay