Needing some warmth and relaxation, we headed, without hesitation, back to ReefView Apartments for the third successive year. It's like going to stay with friends - actually it IS going to stay with friends. It is sooo.... much nicer than being in a resort. You can enjoy a fabulous barbequed meal on arrival, thereby avoiding having to go out after a long journey. Nick and Karoll are so warm and friendly, always happy to help and advise if needed. You quickly settle into a comfortable apartment with a lovely balcony and a fabulous view out to sea with the volcano on Monserrat smoking in the distance. You can laze there reading some of the many books provided, or drive a short distance to many fabulous beaches. They are so close that we often came back for a quiet lunch on the balcony during the hottest part of the day. Your hosts will tell you everything you want, or need to know about Antigua. This local knowledge is both interesting and invaluable. This year they organised a trip to Barbuda for us which was a fabulous experience. The previous year we flew to Monserrat - all organised by them - fantastic! And if you enjoy snorkelling or fishing they will take you out to the reef where you can see so many exotic fish and of course enjoy a wonderful homemade rum punch and cake when you are feeling a bit fatigued! And that's not all! They also arranged for us to go out for a romantic trip on a catamaran, watching the fiery sun sink into the sea while sipping our drinks and eating tasty nibbles. It's cold and miserable as I write this in Ireland. Roll on next year's trip to Antigua and ReefView!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ReefView Apartments consist of three unique and fully equipped self catering holiday/vacation homes - each with full bathroom and kitchen - set in lush tropical gardens affording spectacular panoramic views of Antigua's famous Cades Reef just 1 mile offshore as well as neighbouring islands of Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Redonda. ReefView Apartments is located on the shores of the Cades Bay Marine Reserve in a quiet residential hamlet - just 100m from a long deserted sandy beach, fringed with coconut palms, with walk in snorkeling available right off the beach. The shallows flats which front the apartments for miles in each direction are also a haven for sports fishermen - offering shots at hard fighting game species such as tarpon, permit, snook, snapper and barracuda - to name but a few.... Ideal for independent travelers, who enjoy long beach walks in beautiful natural surroundings, exploring the many interesting facets of Antigua's history and geography and immersing themselves in the local culture to provide an experience far removed from the generic experience offered by most other resorts. Owned and operated by long time Antigua residents - Karoll and Nick Williams - we are always on hand to help you get orientated and to know THE REAL ANTIGUA!!! We very much look forward to welcoming you to our little piece of paradise - down by the sea..... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Reefview Apartments Hotel Cades Bay
- Reef View Apartments Antigua
- Reef View Apartments Hotel Antigua
- ReefView Apartments Antigua/Cades Bay