“Wonderful food and service”

The Green Rooms Of Godstone
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Godstone
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Green Rooms of Godstone is set in one of the prettiest villages in Surrey and the UK. Here you will find freshly cooked food served with a warm and friendly smile. You can have anything from breakfast, brunch, lunch or a cheeky delicious handmade slice of cake. Our High Teas are fully loaded with amazing delights. It really is a great way to spend a couple of hours with friends and family. We have also have a full Tea menu.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped in for brunch and the breakfast component (full English with all the trimmings was wonderful - the locally sourced produce being outstanding. The service was friendly yet unobtrusive. By the time we had finished lingering over our coffeesmy husband was convinced that a pud could be considered as virtually obligatory. Dear readers, throw the diet sheet out of the window and head for the lemon drizzle cake. The sponge component was light and fresh and the lemon icing itself was a revelation. Zesty, and the sweetness was perfectly balanced by the tart lemon. So struck were we by it, we werr back the following weekend for a cream tea (of an equally high standard) which we combined with an egg mayonaise sandwich for a bank holiday afternoon high tea. The bread was fresh and the accompanying coleslaw a revelation - no commercially produced sludge here.) I suspect we will be finding excuses to detour through Godstone again to carry on working our way through the cake selection. (OK, I confess this afternoon)

Sylvia C, Owner at The Green Rooms Of Godstone, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for such a lovely review. My dad being a brilliant baker it was important for me to find a decent baker (no loaves of Mothers Pride and such like will cross the threshold........ever!) and by fluke my local baker uses the same miller and flour as my dad did. My bread is still oven warm when I buy it daily. As for the cakes....they are made using natural ingredients and no preservatives or added horrible additives. All my cake contain 'some' of your 5 a day lol. The lemon drizzle is a firm favourite and I've yet to find one as moist. I am a firm believer that if its worth doing its worth doing properly which is why we will never compromise on the quality of the products we use and if I can make it myself then I will from the Canellini bean dip to the coleslaw to the baba ganoush to the egg mayonaisse to the jar of mixed spices where the recipe has been handed down through four generations. You've got to taste the love in food. We hope to see you again soon Thank you again :))

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a lovely friendly family run restruant.

You can just have a coffe and cake or a lushious breakfast,lunch or dinner .

A lovely spacious,very clean place to take good friends or even a lunch on your own while reading the papers .The new owners are very frienly people Syliva & Jeremy they have made the place a good place to relax and enjoy friends company.
They are going to be holding special evening events they told me I think this is a place to vist regular and keep a eye on !

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. You are right we will be opening up as a 'pop-up' restaurant in the next few weeks where we will strive to continue serving everyone delicious foods in a beautiful relaxed friendly atmosphere. We really hope to see you there. Thank you. :))

Reviewed May 25, 2013

very glad we popped in here for a coffee and cake while having a few minutes to spare. very tasty cake ..the coffee good..friendly service..spacious rooms..would visit again for sure...

1  Thank angela c
Sylvia C, Owner at The Green Rooms Of Godstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you so much. We are happy to have ticked a few boxes! Hahahaha. Next time you are local stay and relax and enjoy the view from the comfy sofas, oh and have more cake Hahahahahaha We you again soon and thank you for your custom. :)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This exceptionally good café is so close to the motorway that I will use it in future every time I am on the M25.
The welcome and friendly service could not be bettered.
The range of delicious cakes etc made on the premises would put some of the ‘best restaurants’ in the capital to shame.
Young children and toddlers are welcomed and catered for, both with the toys etc available and appropriate food.
The outside tables would be a boon on a summer day.

Thank you Jeremy and Silvia. After a long drive from Devon we were so pleased we found you!

1  Thank tommick

Thank you so much for your review and for your comment about our cakes. There's nothing nicer than a lovely cup of tea or coffee after a long drive is there? It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife and we hope that you found where you were looking for. We too hope to see you both again very soon. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

A very welcoming café in the heart of Godstone village. A relaxing environment & very child friendly :0)

Sylvia C, Owner at The Green Rooms Of Godstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have young children and know how hard it is to be able to go out and relax. We strive to make our customers as relaxed as possible whilst enjoying the food delights and the view. Thank you again and see you soon :))