“What a great day out”

Godstone Farm & Playbarn
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Godstone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There’s heaps to do at Godstone Farm for all the family! Come rain or shine we will amuse you with a variety of animal experiences, outdoor adventures and indoor play. Set in the beautiful Surrey Hills and a short, easy distance from the M25, Godstone Farm is home to over 500 animals both large and small. Meet horses, sheep, cows and llamas, and get up close to piglets, rabbits and chicks in our newly extended animal handling area. When the kids need to let off steam, our indoor play barn is the perfect place to relax, with a full service café serving hot and cold drinks and snacks and an exciting soft play where little ones can explore, climbing up obstacles and whizzing down slides. New for 2018 -Wiglet’s Play Village is a brand new, indoor adventure area where children can role play being a vet, working on a construction site or serving in a café. There's also a baby softplay area and a thrilling ball play zone.
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Just been here with my husband and 8 month old son. I've been looking for a farm with a petting area in Kent for ages. I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good, or worthwhile for my son being quite young still, but the whole family had a great day, and we were very impressed.

My son was free entry as he is under one. It cost just under £13 for two adults.

The farm looks quite small on the map that they give you, but as you start walking around, you realise how big it is, and it is definitely big enough for small children with little legs.

We had a reasonably priced lunch there, and there plenty of space for everyone.

The petting area only had 4-5 rabbits and about 4 chickens to pet. I don't know if they normally have more, and because it was hot it wasn't suitable to have them all out, but it was still exciting enough for my little boy.

There is a massive soft play area there, including a section for babies, and a section for toddlers. I wish we had more time there, as my little boy loved it!!!!

There is a good selection of farm animals there, including piglets, and ponys. (Seriously cute!)

There is also a large park area and sand pit for the kids.

This is a great day out, and even better in the nice weather. I would recommend taking a picnic and spending the whole day there.

We will be back!!

in 10 reviews
"animal handling"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to this farm as a child so it was lovely going back with my granson. We had planned to go to horton farm but the reviews were not great and the cost a lot more to get in then godstone. Would recommend you go the play area is really good so they can see the animals then burn off some of the left over energy. My only worry was for a couple of ferrets who were in a small cage in the full sun. I did report this to two of the young staff around but get the answer they would raise the issue but it was not their area! The really nice lady on the main desk said she would ensure richard dealt with the issue i was confident after my daughter spoke to her that it would be. Great family day please give them a try and make a visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our 3rd visit as a playgroup. Warm, welcoming and friendly staff. Beautifully maintained, very clean, great on hands animal attractions and at NO extra cost lots of play areas too. Tractor rides included in the group booking also. Am awful lot of time and effort obviously goes into the upkeep on the farm.
One thing ........the Little animals are handled an awful lot by a lot of people and I'd like to see them rested and changed frequently for their comfort!
Well worth a visit by all.
10/10

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

There are areas of Godstone Farm where little touches could make a real difference, but as is the kids had a great afternoon, we had fun. It's what I was expecting from a farm.

Not too sure about the hygiene in the playbarn and I would certainly take my own packed lunch.

We would go again, but not for a while.