“Sunday Roast”

Bookatable
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Godstone
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Bell is a contemporary pub situated in the leafy centre of Godstone. We know you’ll love the stylish interior with our cosy bar, spacious restaurant and beautiful garden.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were recommended to visit the Bell for Sunday lunch , we eat out on a Sunday most weeks and have roasts of varying quality, the roast at the Bell ranked bottom of the league. The staff were very pleasant and the dining area comfortable but the food was appalling . The vegetables were nearly raw, the lamb was rump lumps, under cooked and very difficult to digest. I would not advise anyone to go for Sunday lunch

GeneralManagerAA, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Guide227968, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. Please reach out to us so we can work towards a resolution. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. We hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,
The Bell Inn
01883 743216

Write a reviewReviews (747)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As soon as I arrived, I was welcomed and catered too. Before I could even order my drink it was being poured as Kirsty, remembered what I had last time. Throughout my time at the restaurant, I had the pleasure of enjoying a quiet and chilled out pint at the bar had a good time talking with Megan. I will 110% being coming back time and time again and will recommend to family and friends!

Date of visit: September 2019
TheBellGodstone, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Jason M,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our service, I agree, Kirsty & Megan are fantastic at what they do! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Called in for a Sunday lunch. The meat was good but the vegetables poorly cooked. Soft roast potatoes, very tough cabbage, burnt parsnip and the cauliflower cheese was totally flavourless and lacking in the cheese element. The staff were pleasant and efficient. I would not go again.

Hello Granny347,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, although I regret it was not a 5* experience.I have passed on your comments about the Sunday Roast to our Head Chef, and he apologises that it was not up to our usual standards. I am however happy you enjoyed the service our lovely team provided.
I do hope you will return in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Needed to find somewhere for lunch equidistant from Billericay in Essex and Finchampstead in Berkshire. Godstone was the solution so took a chance on the Bell Inn. I was a bit concerned as the fixed price lunch I'd recently had in a restaurant in Essex in the same chain as the Bell had been awful. However, my friend and I decided to go with the a la carte menu and the food was very good. We both had the oven-baked prawns and lobster starter followed by the sea bass fillets on chorizo mash special.
The service was very good and the two waiters who served us were very polite and welcoming. It was an enjoyable lunch, we were not rushed and the Bell Inn turned out to be an excellent choice.

Hello Halina S,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review. We are glad we were a good choice and convenient location, and that you enjoyed your visit with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 30, 2019

5 of us went for a girlie lunch and were very disappointed with the fixed price food menu. It was like having the poor man's menu and not enough gluten free choices. The waiter was brilliant and we didn't pay for any of the mains thank goodness. Won't be back though.

Date of visit: August 2019
TheBellGodstone, Manager at The Bell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2019

Good evening Mrs. Willett,

I would like to apologize for your experience at The Bell and I am glad to see that our service was top notch.

In a couple of months, 28th of October to be precise, we will have our make-over and we will be shut for 2 weeks. In those 2 weeks The Bell will be fully transformed and it will look fabulous. Most of our menus will change after that and I am sure that you will find more options for our Lunch Menu and our All Day menu.

I do hope you're gonna give us another chance once our refurbishment is finished.

Kind regards,