“Friday night eating”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

A very warm and cosy place to eat. Service with a smile. Food was delicious, good options for the non meat eaters and they have mini bottles of champagne, which is great for one person.
Lots of parking, a few small areas for pre dinner drinks. Would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited the restaurant with my boyfriend and whilst the restaurant wasn't exactly contemporary it was very charming, with lots of character and quaint traditions. It was lovely to be seated in the lounge, whilst pondering over the extensive menu and to then be called to our table once the starters were on the way.

The steak was amazing and cooked in front of us, which is a rare find and naturally added to the ambience.

All in all, we had an amazing night and to add to the experience, the cost was the same as you’d pay in a ‘chain’ restaurant.

I would definitely recommend The Coach House and will be visiting again soon, to check out the recent refurb!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate this restaurant on Saturday evening and I am sorry to say that it was a great disappointment. I have eaten here in the past and have always had an enjoyable evening. The food was not really to the standard that I have had before here. The vegetables were undercooked and not pleasant to eat. We all enjoyed the starters but the mains were not that great, dessert was ok. We were put on a table away from the rest of the restaurant around a corner and the service was not great, the waitress forgot to add the correct cutlery before the starters and mains, she then leant over us to place the food on the table and was not particularly friendly (unless you were regulars to the restaurant and she would stop and have a natter!!) The bill was not cheap and I would not return - great shame really as this always use to be a restaurant that you could always rely on for a special occasion.

1  Thank lynn240860
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Business lunch, i live near to this and never knew it was so good, the 3 course meal we had was tasty fresh and hot, the menu is varied which caters for all tastes, the restaurant has been owned by the same people for a while, the service was impeccable, the waiter knew about about the dishes and advised, we didn't take notice at the time, then regretted it later when only half the plate was eaten, a definite must go again, downside a bit pricey

1  Thank teldeb
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Having eaten in this restaurant for the last 15 years and have never had a bad meal...... up until now.
My sister and her husband, his first trip out of Spain, came over for their honeymoon. I thought it would be great to take them to The Coach House on their first night.
The starters were bland- sardines were insiped, the jus with the brie had a strange taste, which made the dish unenjoyble.
My sister's steak had to be sent back as it was over cooked. The second one was cooked perfectly but was full of gristle, so a lot wasted. Didn't want to send that back as she was starving! The other mains were not up to the usual standards.
The vegetables, which used to be on a side plate, were already on the plate and not up to par.
I hate writting bad reviews, but was so disappointed and hope that the food is sorted out.
I love the old fshioned element of this restaurant and it would be a shame if this issue could not be rectified.
Living in a small village word of mouth is a big recommendation!

1  Thank KIMCOOKE