“Very comfortable and nice”
Review of Jumeira Restaurant

Jumeira Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Staplehurst
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very comfortable and nice”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

First visit to Jumeira as our local curry house. Really enjoyed it, very comfortable, good food and friendly service. Will be back soon for a sit in or take away soon. Friends also enjoyed it too. Thanks

Visited January 2014

Staplehurst, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have found the quality of the food outstanding and the service from Jay and the other members of staff to be of a very high standard.I will be returning to this restaurant again soon with my family.
Thank you Jay for a wonderful evening.

• Visited January 2014
England
“Back on form”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

After a tiny blip regarding the quality of our take aways, Jumeira is back on top. We addressed the problem with Jay and he couldn't do enough to restore our confidence.

The food is excellent, service second to none and always a pleasure to eat in or takeaway. Always a warm friendly welcome too.

So pleased Jay's little one is well and home safe and sound.

• Visited January 2014
“Take away, and then take back”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Not a massive choice of take always in Staplehurst but decided to have an Indian tonight. Only one option in the village.

My wife ordered one of the specials on the menu which was a creamy chicken dish with tropical fruit. However when we got it home and opened it, it was a tomato base with only lychee in it. My wife called to query it and was repeatedly told to bring it back and they would change it for another. When queried if it was right they again repeated to bring it back. Decided it was easier to discuss face to face so went back.

Sadly when my wife queried it in the restaurant she was told it was their style. She pointed out that the dish wasn't as advertised but again they reiterated it was their style. Surely if it's a different dish it should written as such.

Won't bother going back as cannot trust what the menu says. Shame as there are no other Indian options in village, but several in next village 3 miles away so no biggy.

2 Thank WiredPSF
Marden, United Kingdom
“First visit and mixed emotions, more expensive than it should be”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

After many reviews and reports from friends who had visited I finally took the plunge at the weekend for a takeaway, I did this to make use of the 15% discount card that came through the door. I've looked at the menu on many occasions and always thought it expensive for what it is and the area as there are cheaper Indians in the area which are good. That said the decor here is contemporary and very pleasing although it does look a little cosy when busy but nice none the less. That said back to the food which is what it's about, we had 4 different mains (biryani, korma, madras and dhansak) all were excellent although even the korma was hotter than was expected not so much that my son couldn't eat it but both the dhansak and madras were much hotter than other restaurants. That said I like hot so it wasn't a problem but you may need to bare this in mind if you don't like your curry this hot as you may find it hotter than your usual. We also had nan breads chapatis and onion bhajis, the latter unfortunately were a bit soggy and sort of spongy and I like mine crispy. Apart from that I would recommend it and we got given a bottle of beer with our takeaway instead of popadoms. We were given another 15% discount card for eating in only and I will use this. I feel it would be better if they just discounted the menu by 15-20 percent overall that would then make the restaurant far more successful as many are put off by the prices. I'm local so hear this a lot from friends. All in all I can't rate it any higher because of the pricing but it is good. My only fear is that it may not last in this location at these prices and fall by the wayside like the previous indian (maloncho) which was in the same location.

• Visited November 2013