“Brilliant great pub superb food”

Hawkenbury Country Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Staplehurst
Cuisines: European, International, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run friendly Inn with a warm welcome offer home cooked food and cask ales. Delightful beer garden with garden bar and BBQ. Large car park. Bouncy castles May - September. Large function room and licensed for weddings and civil ceremonies.New in July 2013, luxury Bed and Breakfast accommodation in our converted stable block.Category:Bed and Breakfast, Functions, Public House, Restaurant
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went to hawks bury for my brothers wedding was a fantastic day food was great service brilliant stayed in a small self contained room at back of pub grounds was great well worth the money briiiiiiiiliant

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had a fantastic meal with some business colleagues at the Hawkenbury. The menu was very interesting and varied and the food served was absolutely delicious. We had a very relaxing night and enjoyed the surroundings. If you are looking for great quality food, a good choice of wine then the Hawkenbury is for you. We will indeed be back and with great rail links into London I would be happy to base myself there instead of crazy London prices. Highly recommended.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A massive thanks to the owners and staff of this country pub. They could not do enough to help on our special day, and considering the venue had already hosted 2 weddings on the previous 2 days we were really impressed by their hard work and friendliness. The setup was made easy by their room decorating accessories and they organized delivery of obscure real ale for the party. Many of our guests were very impressed with the wedding breakfast and evening BBQ. The chef cooked for 90 sitdown guests plus more later on, and we had many positive comments about the food - both on the quality and the portion sizes. Our overseas guests loved the character of the place. The Hawkenbury wins hands down over other venues we considered, and we hope the pub thrives in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Coming regularly to the UK on business I decided to get out of the London tourist trap and discover a little english countryside life I discovered the Hawkenbury Inn near Staplehurst.The rooms were sizeable, good value and comfortable. The food was exceptional and comparable to typical South African portions, large and filling. Traveling up to the city is about an hour train journey well worth the effort. The clean country air is a plus and walks in the countryside exhilarating. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was going to be working in the area for a while, and was looking for some accommodation . Luckily for me I was pointed to the hawkenbury inn. The food is top notch, and I highly recommend the sea bass. Everybody gets a warm welcome and the rooms are very comfortable. All in all , a great place to stay and I know I will return.