“Excellent B&B”
Review of The Old Vicarage

The Old Vicarage
Ranked #1 of 2 Doddington B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at the Old Vicarage last Saturday with my wife and two good friends of ours. The owners, Nick and Claire, were very hospitable and helpful. The Old Vicarage has a worm atmosphere, spacious and very clean. The breakfast was of the highest standard and the seating area was very relaxing, overlooking the green countryside. I am looking forward to stay there again soon!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 20, 2011

The best breakfast in the world, exceptional high standards of cleanliness.

Very well equiped

Room Tip: all rooms excellent
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed at the Old Vicarage early this month with my Mother.
Our host's Claire and Nick were wonderfull and made us feel welcome into their home. Our room was perfect and beautifull views of the gardens and countryside .
The breakfast was superb and the best I have ever had in a B & B.
We sat at a table were we could see the lovely gardens.
I would highly recommend the Old Vicarge .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The Old Vicarage is excellent. The rooms are big, comfortable and airy. The owners are friendly and couldn't have been more helpful and the breakfast of the highest quality. The view from the dining room is over a small valley and from the front the church just across the road.

The Old Vicarage is fairly isolated and a reasonable walk from the villages of Doddington and Newnham down unlit lanes, so it is very very peaceful and tranquil - but remember to take a torch!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We just returned from a trip to UK: stayed first in 4-star hotel in London, and then for 2 nights in Old Vicarage in Kent --and the latter was definately the more memorable and lovely of the two. Clair & Nick were very friendly and helpful throughout the stay, and their three dogs (apparently one added since previous reviews!) were equally welcoming.
Our party consisted of my parents, my husband & I, and Clair suggested the Coach House for us. This was a brilliant choice, as there are two bedrooms on opposite ends of the building, each with its own spacious bathroom, and a shared kitchen and sitting room in the middle. The place was spotlessly clean and well equipped (e.g. washer, hair dryers, cable TV, coffee, tea & milk in the fridge, lovely fluffy big towels, bath robes, state-of-the-art shower cabinets etc etc). The views from the Coach House do not match those from the Main House bedrooms (that I've seen in pictures) but the privacy and comfort make up for that.
We would warmly recommend the Old Vicarage for anyone looking for a wonderful B&B, and its Coach House for any company of friends, two couples, or perhaps a family who prefer the prefer the "apartemento" type freedom and privacy. The Coach House is right next to the main building, so that the walk to breakfast is less than two minutes.

Room Tip: Coach House if you travel in a small group
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed here for a 1 night break and couldn't have found a better place if we'd searched for a year. The hosts (including the dogs!!) are so welcoming you feel at home the minute you walk through the door, the location and view are out of this world and the rooms large and comfortable.
Breakfast was wonderful, lots of delicious fresh fruit as well as cereal, toast and a lovely cooked breakfast, all ate looking out over the garden and valley beyond.
I honestly could not fault a thing and cannot recommend highly enough, the best B&B we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have just returned from a wonderful two night stay with my partner, at The Old Vicarage, Doddington. I chose this lovely guest house because (a) it had great reviews on Trip Advisor and (b) it is a 3 minute walk to The Hawking Centre at Doddington Place where I had also booked a Falconry Insight day on the Saturday.

I was not in the least bit disappointed. The hosts, Claire & Nick were really friendly and made us very welcome indeed. Their website is very informative and accurately represent the rooms, in fact the photos probably don't do the place justice. We stayed in The Church Room, which was immaculate, spacious, comfortable and quiet. It had an en-suite shower room which was again, spotless and the shower itself powerful and very large.

Breakfast was to die for, a work of art and served in their very grand dining room with stunning views. The attention to detail was superb.

The location is picturesque and peaceful. That being said, there is plenty to do locally and we were spoilt for choice in terms of local eatery's and drinking holes which are either a 10 minute walk or a few minutes drive away. We ate at the George Inn, Newnham and also The Red Lion at Milstead, both recommended on the Old Vicarage website. We were pleased with our choices and wish we were able to stay longer to try out some of their other recommendations!

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending The Old Vicarage and suggest you also combine it with the fantastic Falconry Experience Day at Doddington Place for a truly memorable stay.

My partner and I felt truly pampered indeed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fea3131

Been to The Old Vicarage? Share your experiences!