“A very special day with Birds of Prey.”
Review of The Hawking Centre

The Hawking Centre
Bethersden, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A very special day with Birds of Prey.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

If you think that a day with birds of prey could be your thing, then look no further than the Hawking Centre. As a birthday present my wife had organised a VIP day at Doddington Place and it exceeded my best expectations. If you want to get 'up close and personal' with a hawk or Chilian Eagle this has to be the place. The knowlede and understanding of all the staff was exemporary. I would highly recommend it to anyone with the remotest interest in these types of birds.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JohnD2705

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“excellent day, full stop.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We booked a day of hunting and flying for my son's birthday. After an introduction to all the birds, the morning was spent hunting with a pair of Harris's hawks, wandering leisurely through various woods and fields in a very relaxing manner. Lunch was a cold buffet, but very tasty, and then the afternoon was spent flying a Golden Eagle and Eagle owl, and being given a terrific demonstration of the Gyr Falcon's abilities. Throughout the day we were greatly entertained by Aaron and Laura's highly knowledgeable conversation about their birds and the falconry business in general. I cannot recommend this day out highly enough.

1 Thank John W
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Worth two entries on any "Bucket List". AMAZING”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just got back from an amazing day, the staff were great they made us very welcome, answered any questions and made us feel at ease straight away. Aaron was the handler for the day and he was able to demonstrate his obvious passion and knowledge of Falconry, thank you Aaron. Walking round those lovely grounds with a beautiful bird of prey was something I shall remember forever. If I had a "Bucket List" this day would be on it at least twice!

I had bought the Falconry experience day as a birthday present for my wife (and tagged myself along of course), seeing the delight on her face when the Golden Eagle landed on her hand was worth every penny. Thanks again to all the team.

1 Thank PadnRoz
Chatham, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Had a full Falconry Insight Day which was absolutely fantastic. Flew lots of birds and got the chance to hold all of them - even a Golden Eagle which was stunning. The Estate is beautiful with stunning scenery and you get to see a lot of it. Leigh, Aaron and Katie were brilliant, so enthusiastic about their work. What I liked about the experience is the fact that numbers are kept to a maximum of 4 so you get plenty of chances to hold the Birds. The Geer Falcon demonstration was breathtaking. Would definitely do this again - worth every penny.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total relaxing wonderful experience”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife bought me this experience as a Christmas present. An all day joy to be with some great people. The staff made us feel so comfortable, It was like meeting with old friends. Leigh and Aaron have a natural gift of making you feel like part of the team and their love of what they do came across so clearly. The stars of the day are of course those beautiful birds who allowed us to be in their presence. I loved the whole experience, the day was very well organised, a lovely lunch and the very special afternoon when we witnessed the Geo falcon diving at an incredible speed with such grace. The environment perfect and a dayI shall remember with fondness. I will definitely return for another full day experience and I would have no hesitation in recommending this experience to anybody wishing to get this close to these beautiful birds. Go for it ad treat your loved or to this special experience. Miked

Visited November 2012