“Great day”
Review of The Hawking Centre

The Hawking Centre
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I bought this experience for my husband and went as a spectator. What a great place and great staff. Aaron and Leigh were the handlers and the birds were amazing. The morning was topped off by the beautiful geo falcon being put through his paces. The excitement of watching this and obvious joy and pride of the staff when the bird performed brilliantly made the day. We would go back in a heartbeat and recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Thoroughly agree with the praise from other reviewers.
Fascinating, educational, and extremely enjoyable.
Very relaxed and unhurried, the staff are excellent and clearly love what they do. It is obvious that the birds are extremely well cared for.
Particularly memorable was the way that each of the birds we flew exhibited its own personailty.
We were treated to a brilliant Gyrfalcon display at the end of our visit.
Very highly recommended.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I attended as a spectator and my partner actually handled the birds. The staff where great and so very knowledgeable. The setting is beautiful and you get to explore around some of the 900 acres of land that Doddington Place covers. We were very fortunate that the weather was good, some light wind but no rain. Aaron our falconer for the day was great and answered all of our questions even the really stupid ones. The birds are really fascinating and each one has such a different personality.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We visited on a Saturday and thankfully the weather was perfect.

We were greeted with smiley faces and a wealth of information about our day over a lovely cup of tea/coffee.

We spent the first half of the day in a small group. we flew a small owl in the woodland, an eagle owl in the field (with free roaming sheep) and then a vulture in the grounds. We got a lot of time flying the birds.

At lunch we were given a lovely lunch and a bit of time to look around these brilliant grounds.

After lunch we were treated to a display from the perrigrin Falcon and then stayed in our small group and flew a beautiful eagle and then a Harris Hawk.

The staff were absolutely amazing. The day was relaxed, there was no urgency or being rushed. We spent as much time as we wanted to with the birds and could fully appreciate their splendor. The great thing was that we were in a different of the grounds with every bird so the scenery and the bird were different throughout the day.

Definitely recommended if you want a fabulous day out. The staff will make you feel welcome and know everything there is to know about the birds, even down to the little traits in each bird's personality.

The birds themselves are incredibly well looked after and obviously loved by their handlers.

PLEASE NOTE THOUGH.....DO NOT BOOK THROUGH RED LETTER DAYS, BOOK DIRECT WITHT THE VENUE.

1  Thank Tas G
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a really enjoyable day, flew 6 different birds. Had a nice lunch which was included in the price. I recommend this experience to anyone regardless of age or level of fitness. The centre was well run and the birds were obviously very well cared for.

I booked this experience through red letter days and the service that I got from them was apalling. I had to book through the internet, picked three dates and had to wait for confirmation. Each time was declined a few times later. After twelve attemps I phone and an operator called the centre and told me a date that the centre had free, he told me they would hold it for me and put the booking through himself. He told me I would get confirmation within 24 hours. The next day I got a call saying there were no vacancies on this date. The only way I managed to book this in the end was through a manager. By the end of it I was so upset that I wished that I had never bought the tickets and it took the joy out of the whole thing. Also Red Letters days said that there was a limit of 4 people which they advertised on the website but there was six of us, so I felt that I was lied and deceived to. I would never use Red letters days again, they should change their name to "Use this company and get severe high blood pressure".

I hope this review does not stop people from booking this experience as it is a wonderful day out, just dont use Red letters days, contact the company direct.