“Couldn't be bothered!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chipping
Southport, England, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be bothered!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My parents had stayed at Gibbon Bridge many times over the years, but my father passed away & my mother didn't want to stay at the hotel on her own & preferred to remember the good times. As a birthday treat, my husband & I drove some distance in order for my mother to experience just a cup of coffee &/or a snack, but were turned away as there was a 'private function' on in the restaurant, even though we were happy just to sit on a sofa by reception. Won't be going back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Philippa L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Boston. Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My Wife and I have just returned from our first visit to Gibbon Bridge. Oh what a Gem.
We were invited by some close friends to help celebrate her 70th Birthday. Everything was so wonderful frim the reception to the rooms to the food. In the Gardens everytime you turned a corner you found another little experiance.
It can be seen that Janet the lady owner has certainly put a lot of thought into this lovely out of the way Hotel. She has her finger on the pulse at all times and it is very evident form her staff that wish to please.
Grat 2 days.

Room Tip: Make sure you check if the suit is split level, if you have any climing of stair issues or need to u...
1 Thank 947DavidWH947
Wigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visited the Gibbon Bridge for the first time with a friend for afternoon tea only, so I can not comment on the accommodation / food. The grounds are beautiful and the afternoon tea was lovely with my request for an alternative to tea/coffee being accommodated with no problem However it was a little spoilt by the request for a pot of tea at about 6pm which was met with "not at this time" by the staff who appeared to be having their break in the public bar area.I have never known a hotel not being able to supply tea of coffee at any time of the day or night ! We were sat outside in the glorious sunshine and not disturbing the staff who of course are entitled to their break. This and the attitude marred what was otherwise a lovely afternoon. We would have spoken to someone about it but the reception area was deserted when we left at 7p.m

Room Tip: Not applicable
1 Thank catput
Littleborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We attended a wedding reception at this venue and stayed overnight.
Our room was spacious and had comprehensive facilities. The only qualm was that the shower took some time to heat up.
The food at the reception was excellent. On first arrival (on a sunny afternoon) it was a pleasure to have introductory drinks whilst walking around and admiring the extensive and well maintained gardens.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was standard in content but high quality in content - the locally produced bacon and sausages were especially tasty.
There is a collection of studio glass (mostly in the orangery) which is worth making an effort to view.
All in all it was a very enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Room 14 was a quasi-annexe with its own allocated car park immediately outside.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a lovely lunch today celebrating mum and Dads diamond wedding,the food and service was excellent.The gardens are magnificent and we enjoyed our coffee outside in the beautiful sunshine.The staff were very friendly and excellent service from the bar right through to coffee being served.A definite must for a meal and somewhere special to go for a special occasion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

A few weeks ago I went to the restraunt here at Gibbon Bridge Hotel. The food was lovely, for starters I had bread and butter but you could of also soup, then for my main I had such a delicious Sunday Lunch and finally I had dessert, a fantastic dessert. On the enormous plate it was split into 4 sections, on one it had shortbread with cream, another with a chocolate brownie with warm chocolate sauce, cremeburlee and a meringue with cream and half a strawberry. YUM. This was the first time I had been to this restraunt and I was very surprise, in a good way. I saw some photos of the rooms and they looked very nice.
The garden was breath taking, I just wish the weather was better.
I would recommend this restraunt,
Thank you...

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank critic2002
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here for three nights in May 2013. We had seen some reviews that were less than complimentary, but we found the staff friendly and efficient, the food very good and the ambience relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MoRod_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping
Northcote Hotel
Lancaster House
Lancaster House
#1 of 7 in Lancaster
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,283 reviews

Been to Gibbon Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!