“Truly excellent”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
New Romney, United Kingdom
“Truly excellent”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I only spent one night at Inglewood Manor but wish it could have been more. It is rare for me to be able to state that - I could not fault this hotel and would gladly return at the first opportunity. I was alone and my single room was not large but was quite big enough. More importantly - it was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, had an excellent bathroom and plently of nice little touches - bed turned down, good toiletries, lovely view of the grounds etc etc. Staff were friendly and, more importantly, were competent. Breakfast was excellent. I had a prior dinner engagement so did not experience dinner at the hotel but will, no doubt, do so on a future occasion. If I have a (very) minor gripe it is that I would prefer NO music in the dining room at breakfast and detest the inevitable muzak hoteliers feel obliged to inflict on their peace loving guests! But at least it was Beethoven and not some god-awful pop. All in all though, an excellent hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi Billio
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this lovely review, it means a lot to the team here to know our guests have enjoyed their time with us. Sorry about the restaurant music, but as you very fairly point out, a lot of guests prefer a little something tinkling away in the backgound.
I do hope you will be back to see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here with my partner on the night of the 29th July and paid extra for early check-in. The hotel is in the most beautiful setting in 38 acres of well-tended grounds.

The receptionist was friendly - and very helpful. I asked to change rooms as the one allocated was too small. She helpfully obliged.

As the hotel is very old it doesn't really have the full range of mod cons like air conditioning but, it has WIFI and all of the services in the room that you would expect. It was quite warm and even with both windows open there wasn't much draught.

One thing that I didn't much like was that the bed was composed of two single beds, 'joined together' and turned the other way. A king-size bed is advertised and that is what it should be. I didn't sleep that well as the 'join' was digging into my hip. My partner slept really well though so perhaps I'm just a delicate little snowflake...

However, on the plus side, the shower was quite powerful and the general plumbing was fine. This isn't always the case in very old buildings so worthy of special mention.

We didn't eat in the hotel, we went to a lovely Chinese restaurant quite nearby 'The Little Tai Ping' - fabulous!

I don't know if we'll stay here again but it was a nice experience.

Room Tip: Of the standard double rooms (with kingsize bed) Room 6 is very small - and the windows don't op...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny T
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hi Jenny T
I'm so delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I'm so sorry if the seam in the bed disturbed your sleep, I think our receptionist must have put you in the very biggest room available, one of our superking rooms, which does consist of 2 single beds attached to one another. I'll have a look into how we can stop this happening again. Thanks for the feedback.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is quite the find. It's located off the beaten path, and the local gardens and walk ways make for a wonderful evening after dinner. Eating dinner here is a must, superb food, outside of standard English flare. Only a bit pricey, but the presentation and quality was well worth it. Breakfast was hearty, and standard British flair with good tea and coffee. Rooms were a bit room upstairs, but open windows on the third floor helped out (Stayed in July). Hallways are tight getting to your room, but the rooms are elegant and welcoming. Easy to travel from here for a day in Liverpool. Took the train from the train station (5min away) and easily in dtown Liverpool in 15min. Will definetly stay again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Aaron L
Thanks for the lovely review, I'm delighted you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us, and particularly that our new menu went down so well. Do come back and see us again soon, and you can explore the delights of historic Chester, also available by train!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We attended our daughters wedding at this venue.
We arrived early and spent a few days before the wedding.
From the very start the hotel staff were excellent.
Nothing was too much trouble for ourselves, and all our guests.
The hotel is set in amazing grounds.
The wedding was catered superbly.
However the normal evening menu was limited and expensive and definitely not child friendly and there are no snacks available from the bar. However, the staff quickly arranged a BBQ for family and guests including the children which was most impressive.
Special mention to the Manager, and to Kay who made our four day visit and family wedding truly memorable and we would not hesitate in recommending this superb hotel.
We stayed in an executive room (bumblebee room), it was clean and presented to a very high standard.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel for vacations, and for weddings.
We would definitely stay again.
Mr & Mrs Mallows.

Room Tip: The executive (bumblebee room) was excellent with great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paulandgail100
Hi Paul and Gail
We're so glad you had such a wonderful time celebrating your doughter's wedding with us - it's such a lovely excuse to get family and friends together and you really made the most of it. I'm delighted the barbeque worked out well for you and will pass on your lovely comments to Kay, Diane and the rest of the team.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We held our wedding reception at the Inglewood Manor and what an amazing snow filled day it was (22.03.13). I stayed the night before and the manager, Andy, couldn't do enough to make sure everything went perfectly. The wedding organiser, Kim, was so helpful prior to the day helping with all the preparations. The staff on the day were amazingly attentive and the food was delicious. The beautiful surroundings are matched by excellent service. The only niggle I have is that I was encouraged to put on our wedding invites that there were special room rates for our guests but was so embarrassed when guests themselves told me these rates were significantly higher than rates advertised on booking.com.

We had many guests afterwards comment on the wonderful staff team and I certainly would love to come back to the Inglewood Manor in the future. We felt well and truly spoilt on the day and everything went smoothly. The bedrooms also are beautifully decorated and have amazing views of the grounds.

We woud highly recommend this as a very special venue,

Mr & Mrs Evans

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Mr and Mrs Evans
I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with us and am delighted the team here have left you with memories to treasure for a lifetime. I'll be sure to pass you thanks on to Kim and the whole team.
I very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel many times in the future, and would like, on behalf of the team to wish you every future happiness together.
Devizes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Me and my partner came here to celebrate my 21st birthday. After a 200 mile drive we were greeted by an incredibly friendly receptionist who made us feel very welcomed. She showed us around the hotel, offered us complimentary cake and sherry which we enjoyed on the terrace with stunning views of the grounds. The Hotel is beautiful inside and out. Stunning period features and well maintained for a grade 2 listed building. Our room was the cosy double which featured lovely red and gold décor, a king sized bed and reasonably sized bathroom.

in the evening we were offered a dinner reservation in the hotels restaurant. After looking through the menu however we decided against it as the food was a bit to pricey, also as a vegetarian there was not a huge selection of food for me. The receptionist who greeted us however was more than happy to recommend restaurants in Chester, And upon returning she seamed very interested in our evening.

The sleep was brilliant, our bed was incredibly comfortable and me and my partner woke up incredibly fresh. Our shower however was unfortunately not as pleasant. There were no slip mats or hand rails to help prevent a fall. Also the floor got incredibly wet as the shower has just a single glass pane that reaches half way across. My partner did almost slip in the bath which was quite scary and he had nothing to grab on to.

We were out for the entire day exploring the beautiful city of Chester and visiting the Zoo. Upon arrival back to the hotel our room had been cleaned to a very high standard. tea and coffee facilities had been refilled and our bed made. However our wet towels from the morning showers had not been replaced. We placed them in the bath as instructed and assumed fresh ones would be given. However our wet towels had just been folded and put back on the shelves. They were still damp and you could tell they were not fresh. However we did not let this bother us to much as the rest of the room was impeccable

On our check out day we were greeted by another friendly and helpful receptionist who asked about how we enjoyed our stay. Overall me and my partner were very impressed with the quality of service we got for our money, We felt like VIP's and really enjoyed our luxurious surroundings. We would without hesitation stay here again if we were in this part of the country

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Katy D
Sounds like you had an amazing birthday, and a wonderful time whilst you were with us. Many thanks for taking the time to highlight the couple of housekeeping issues, and rest assured we will look into them.
Here's hoping this now becomes and annual event, and we get to see you next July if not before!
Heswall, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although I live on the Wirral, this is the second time I have stayed at Inglewood, so clearly this is from choice rather than necessity. The setting is an expansive and elegant parkland estate, and the house itself fits effortlessly into the grounds. I stayed in a 'cozy double', which despite being small did not feel cramped. The very comfortable bed had crisp and cool linen, and as the room faced the front car park, was much cooler than rooms facing the grounds at the rear, something to be grateful for given the current heatwave. The stone tiled bathroom was spotless, and contained both bath and shower, along with yummy Molton Brown toiletries.
The breakfast was freshly cooked and laid out buffet style, with a classic full english range of hot dishes, as well as a more limited selection of fruit, cereals, yoghurts and cold cuts. An excellent start to the day after the night before!
Staff provided discreet but effective service, and were always ready to help, and very approachable.
Both times I have stayed were as part of social functions, and I have to say this is a terrific venue for classy and enjoyable parties.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the grounds are at the back and in full sun, but shadier rooms are at the front...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for another lovely review, Tanandmo, it's always great to be able to make a guest's return visit as enjoyable as their first.
I do hope, now that you know where we are, that we can welcome you back to Inglewood many times in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Brook Meadow Hotel
#2 of 2 in Childer Thornton
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!