“OMG”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Reviewed July 15, 2013

OMG WHAT A LOVELY BEAUTIFUL PLACE MY HUSBAND BOOKED THIS PLACE FOR US AND MY DAUGHTER AS A SURPISE AND IT WAS I WAS BLOWN AWAY ITS LOVELY and relaxing get away and nice place to have catch up family time and was made to feel special the place is in beautiful grounds and gardens and I could have quite happly stay there for a couple of weeks only wish that it had a spa that would have been the icing on the cake. WOULD I GO THERE AGAIN YES YES I WOULD LOVE TO GO FOR MY BIRTHDAY

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi kolnnn
Wow, you really did have a fantastic time with us, what a fabulous review! I can't tell you how thrilled we all are to send someone away so happy with their stay. We'd love to welcome you back sometime soon, and perhaps we can arrange for a beauty therpist to come and do some treatments at the hotel for you - not quite a spa, but the next best thing maybe?

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at IM last Friday evening to celebrate my Birthday. Firstly may I say I had the most amazing experience and thoroughly enjoyed my time at IM. Their attention to detail and quality of service was impeccable and knocks spots off the many top UK and international hotels I have stayed in through many years travelling on business.

So a huge thank you for making the occasion so special.

My wife and I are already planning our next visit!

Thanks

Mr & Mrs Whatling

Room Tip: Book early and upgrade to an Exec suite pending avaiability.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Mr and Mrs Whatling
What a lovely review! I'll be sure to pass on your brilliant feedback to the team, who are always delighted to have made someone's stay that bit extra special.
We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When we arrived there was a wedding on now there's a surprise as it is a wonderfull setting and a listed building.The receptionist said that they had put us in a room as far away from the wedding as possible the room was amazing it was the one with the large headboard. We were asked if we would like a glass of sherry and a cake served in room or on the terrace we said we would get changed and then have it on the terrace we told them we had invited our kids and grownup grandkids to visit for a drink the staff said they would sort out somewhere away from the wedding so we could have a quiet drink together. When we came down we found an area had been reserved just for us. The kids from the wedding were playing on the grass I have seen kid do this before and I have been told I used to do it myself. The children were all well behaved and no problem. When we went to bed we could still hear the disco but we had the windows open. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in a hotel. When we went in to breakfast the waitress remembed our name. The staff were all very help full and nothing was to much trouble. We will be back

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hi RonaldT
Thanks for your lovely review. I'm so glad that you (and your family) enjoyed your evening with us, and I'm delighted that the function taking place did not hinder your enjoyment in any way.
We'd love to welcome you back to the hotel, so please do come and see us again soon - perhaps on one of our fantastic Wine Dine and Stay evenings or maybe a Fabulous Friday?

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We are currently at this hotel and have absolutely no feeling of calm that one would expect from a hotel in this location. All public areas have been taken over by a wedding and there is nowhere for normal guests to get any relaxation. The children with the wedding partyare running all over the hotel. Hotel management obviously feel that this situation is acceptable as they are doing nothing to satisfy other guests. Had reception desk been manned when we passed this complaint would have been made directly.

1  Thank Cyprus_Golfer

Hi Cyprus_golfer
I am so sorry that you felt you were not our priority during your recent stay with us. Every single guest should feel looked after in the hotel, and I do apologise that in this instance you did not feel that was the case. As a very popular country house hotel, we do host a lot of weddings, but we are meticulous about letting other guests know when they book that there is a function taking place and that they may experience an overspill of 'atmosphere'. If you were not made aware of this on booking I can only apologise. Our receptionist was on duty until 10.30pm on the night of your stay, and had you mentioned your concerns earlier, I'm sure she would have been delighted to try to find you a quiet corner in which to enjoy your evening, as we did for the previous reviewer who stayed with us on the same night. I do hope that you will consider visiting us again, perhaps on an evening when we do not have a function taking place, as we would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed here in April, we decided to make use of the fabulous Friday deal. We upgraded to the oak room which was lovely. On our previous visit we could not praise the staff enough, especially the warm and chearful manner of the receptionist. However on our return this was lacking by the member of staff put in the same position.

This did not refract from the overall stay but I do think front line staff are most important as they often are guests first impression of the hotel.

A great hotel with fabulous setting and food as previously mentioned a true retreat.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi Bimfan
Thanks for your lovely review of the hotel - it is like something out of a movie when you arrive, isn't it? I've taken on board all your points regarding breakfast, we are currently reviewing our whole offering, and so I very much hope the next time you stay, you will be able to report a marked improvement.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The drive leading up to the house through manicured grounds was worthy of being a film location. It boded well for the state of the hotel building itself and it certainly lived up to our expectations. An unimposing entrance opened on to a beautifully panelled hall with an imposing staircase leading up to the guest bedrooms. The receptionist was charming and efficient in checking us in and offered us complimentary sherry and cake to be served either in the lounge or in our room. A nice touch.

The bedroom was not over large but more than adequate and well appointed with good quality furniture and a very comfortable bed. The bathroom had obviously been gutted and refitted recently with top quality bath with shower over, basin, WC and fully tiled. The luxurious feel was completed by fluffy towels and Molton Brown toiletries.

The outlook from the bedroom merits mention. The view was over a beautiful formal garden towards the hotel's stunning parkland and beyond that a lake/pond.

We did not take dinner in the restaurant as we were attending a function at another nearby hotel but did sample the breakfast which was below the standard we would expect at a hotel of this class. The only fruit on offer was an uninteresting fruit salad and some tinned mandarin oranges. The juices were of inferior quality and the pastries did not look very appetising. We were offered tea and coffee quite quickly but then waited a long time before our order for cooked breakfast was taken and then served. It was OK but below our expectations in that the bacon was barely cooked and lacked any colour and the eggs were solid. As for the toast ... cheap and nasty thin sliced bread.

In my view, a hotel which offers that strives to offer a luxurious experience in the bedrooms should not be penny pinching in its breakfast room.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed recently for our friends wedding, the approach and the setting were simply beautiful. We had a fantastic time and were well looked after. I only have a few points to make that I hope will improve things for other guests in the future. Firstly, whilst breakfast was nice, I had finished my full english from the buffet and sat with my plate in front of me for 10 minutes before I even saw a member of staff to ask for tea and toast, admittedly from this point onwards not 2 minutes went by without someone coming to our table. Secondly on check out I wasn't asked if I'd enjoyed my stay, no smile, just presented with my bill.
My only reason for raising this is to highlight what was a bit of a gulf in the service standards between the evening team and the breakfast team (this, despite having the same duty manager). The evening staff were efficient and very pleasant, happy to go the extra mile and a credit to inglwood manor.

Overall our stay was lovely but by creating such stunning surroundings you raise expectations for everything else so standards of service have a lot to live up to. A beautiful venue, lovely rooms, great food and drink though, would recommend and would return.

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi AnthonyP
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback, and what is overall a really lovely review. I have taken on board your comments regarding a lack of service consistency, and will be looking into the matter further.
Do come back and see us again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!