“Wedding Bliss”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Wedding Bliss”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We searched high and low and eventually through a friend who highly recommended Inglewood found our fairy tale venue. My wedding was on the 15th December 2012 - Christmas all the way! We both can not praise Inglewood enough from the intial booking over 18 months ago to the actual day everything was 100% perfect from the venue to the rooms, the food was excellent and the staff fantastic. Kim the wedding organiser was also outstanding bringing to light little things which I had forgot all about, her knowledge for organising weddings is second to none and without Kim and all the staff my day would not of gone as smoothly as it did. I can not fault Inglewood in any way and would highly recommend the venue to anyone looking for the "Perfect Wedding". My day was also made extra special by William and Benjamin Florists who pulled out all the stops with my table decorations and flowers, again I can not fault Kim she worked closely with James from Williams and Benjamin to create a room which was literally to die for and exactly what I wanted, seeing the room in all its glory brought tears to my eyes, To anyone reading this, please please take time and visit Inglewood, it will take your breath away!! and give James a ring too, his imagination and creativeness is outstanding when it comes to weddings..

Room Tip: We had 18 rooms booked for our wedding and as far as I am aware everyone was very happy with the roo...
1 Thank Jane A
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi Jane A
What a wonderful wedding review, thank you so much. Kim will be thrilled. She works so hard to ensure that all those little details are just so, and it's so lovely for her to know her efforts are much appreciated.
I have seen pictures of your special day, and I have to say everything really did look magical.
I do hope we'll see you again soon, and would like to take this opportunity on behalf of the team to wish you and your husband every happiness together.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My new wife and I recently got married and chose Inglewood Manor as our reception venue. From our initial visit through to our actual wedding day all the staff could not have been more helpful! Kim the wedding organiser was excellent and offered sound advice using her vast experience yet still managed to allow us to create our own 'perfect day!' The food was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed the taster evening where we got to sample choices from the menus (as full courses) prior to chosing our final menus! We also sampled the canopes which were fabulous! All the guests commented on how wonderful the food was (including a guest who has a michelin star to his name)
The venue and grounds looked wonderful on the day and as mentioned previously the staff could not have done more! Our guests took 28 of the rooms in the hotel on the night of the wedding and all commented on the exceptional standards of the rooms and high quality of furnishings and fittings! The breakfast also went down extremely the following morning!
We could not have been happier with Inglewood as our venue and want to say a big thankyou and pass on our gratitude to all staff for playing their part in making our wedding day magical and looking after us and all of our guests fantastically!
A wonderful hotel and one I am sure we will return to in the future!
A huge thankyou to you all!
Mr & Mrs S.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hi snoozies123 - or Mr & Mrs S!
Thank you so much for this lovely review!
There was one word in there that really summed up what we aim for with an Inglewood Manor wedding and that word is 'Magical' . I cannot tell you how delighted the team will be to know how much you and your guests enjoyed their day, and I do hope that we get the chance to welcome everyone back at some point in the future.
chester
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I recently attended a wedding on 28th December. The setting of the hotel and grounds are a perfect location for a wedding. Staff were all very attentive and service was wonderful. We stayed in a deluxe room which was beautifully appointed overlooking the gardens. We would recommend a trip to anybody and look forward to a visit in future.

Hi diane t
Thanks for this lovely review, it's great to know that even in the depths of winter our lovely grounds can still add something special to our guests stay.! If you thought they looked great in December, you could come back and see us again in May perhaps, when the Wisteria is in full bloom, or maybe in Summer when the gardens are blazing with colour. As you're fairly local, why not pop in for afternoon tea one day? It's a great way to soak up the atmosphere!
North Wales
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at Inglewood Manor last Christmas 2011 from Christmas Eve until 27th December.We were very impressed with the hotel and the staff.We had a lovely meal on Christmas Eve by candlelight and the food was excellent.The Christmas Day lunch was a big disappointment and as we had asked the famly to join us at £80 a head it was not something we would do again.Boxing Day was another excellent meal however, so this year, 2012, we booked to take the family to Inglewoods Boxing Day buffet lunch.On our arrival we were not welcomed by anyone and were not sure where to go so I asked a waitress and we were shown to the lounge.A young man asked if we would like a glass of champagne which we had observed being served in the foyer but at this point we had not realised it was part of the lunch deal.He never came back with our drinks and in the end my husband went to collect them and got two drinks for our granchildren.After a while we were shown through to the dining room and seated at a lovely table overlooking the garden and our starters were brought in.Our party was four adults and two children but the children had not ordered a starter-they would just have a bread roll but there were only three starters and when the waiter asked what the fourth one would have been we hadn't a clue because we had chosen way back in September and so forgotten!!! I said 'surprise me' and I got a very nice prawn cocktail.The main course was a buffet in another room and there was plenty of choice and the staff were very pleasant and the food was good.Our granddaughter who is 6 said she would have pizza off the childrens menu-but I think they forgot her and we had to ask where it was.When it eventually arrived it was just some bread with extremely strong cheese and huge chunks of tomato (not sliced) put on top.Needles to say she didn't eat it but then I wouldn't have either.Dessert was very nice and that was followed by coffee in the lounge.When we left about 2.30pm no member of staff was around to say goodbye and for some reason I felt very let down by the experience.The whole meal cost me almost £150 and I expected better.We went to St Davids Park Hotel in Ewloe on New Years Day for lunch-again the six of us.The bill came to £70 for as much as we could eat and more importantly there was someone to welcome us and to say goodbye when we left.Come on Inglewood you can do better- its the small things that can make or break an occasion.

Hi Welshflower
I am so sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations. As you say, it can be the little things that count, and it is particularly upsetting that you were not greeted on arrival, as we had 2 managers in house on Boxing Day doing just that, and somehow you 'slipped through the net'. Rest assured that your issue has been noted and raise at our Christmas de-brief meeting, so hopefully this will not happen again. I am also really sorry that your granddaughter's pizza was not to her taste. We do try to make sure that all the meals on our children's menu are hand-made by our chef's to the same standard as the adult meals, but they normally go down really well, so apologies for this.

On a positive note, it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your meal, even the pot-luck prawn cocktail starter, which is great.

With regards to the cost of the meal, however, it may be worth pointing out that a glass of Champagne was included in the cost of your lunch here, a bottle of which (6 glasses) would have added £45.00 to your bill at St David's Park.
LIVERPOOL
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Inglewood manor for a romantic break for my wife and I , its setting is first class and literally breathtaking ! We stayed the 30th December and i upgraded to the Oak Room ! ( Bridal Suite) as a surprise for my wife ! She could not believe the sheer beauty and elegance of the room.it was absolutely spotlessly clean and the bath room was gleaming , with a decent size Jacuzzi bath with underwater lighting !!!! the staff here a top drawer. Every single one of them. we booked for D B B , and also had afternoon tea , which was served in the fabulous lounge area ., the dinner was much better than I expected ( some poor reviews ) and was more than worth the money every course was cooked to perfection and well presented. , I had the gammon which was delicious , the bar prices were usual hotel prices ( 3.95 per pint )we had a great cooked breakfast the next morning which again was delicious , plentiful and piping hot , followed by a nice walk around the beautiful gardens, if you thinking of going away for a nice romantic weekend you HAVE GOT TO STAY HERE !! Absolutely top drawer and we WILL be going back very soon ! A great find ! I'd like to know more about the history of inglewood manor as the in room brochure only hints at what must be an intriguing look into the early 1900s of this amazing building , Google here I come ! Have a look at the photys I've submitted , they don't do the hotel justice but you'll get the idea !!

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Mike W
Hi Mike W
Thank you so much for this lovely rieview. It sounds like you had such a lovely time I am positively jealous!

With regards to the history of the hotel, if you pop onto the 'About Us' section of the website, there is a whole section devoted to the history including some old photographs.

We've got loads of great offers on at the moment, so do come back and see us again soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at Inglewood on a Christmas Wine dine and stay package ,PLus points ; The location, setting and accomodation at Inglewood is very good. We d booked the wine dine and stay package for four of us as part of a birthday celebration. The booking had been made back in August to ensure that the hotel could accomodate us and our dinner reservation at 8 p m .

Minus points ;The menu for dinner was extremely limited with only four choices 2 meat dishes,one fish and one vegetarian . THe choice was then further limited by us being told that the " lamb " (the choice of three of our party) was "off the menu ". Our table in the dining room was across a doorway which meant that during the course of our meal a steady procession of waiters/waitresses and guests had to go past our table when either going to the kitchen or the bathroom. We did complain but were told that unfortunately no other tables were available-so much for booking early !.

Food generally was disappointing and not of the standard expected although the cheese and biscuits was a winner. Could not fault -the waiting on staff or the duty manager who were all very good,polite ,courteous and did their best to make it a pleasant evening for us. I would rate the hotel and accomodation as very good but the restaurant as only " average ".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susie R, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hi skipper47_11
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, it's much appreciated. On a positive note, many thanks for pointing out what a lovely setting we enjoy and the quality of our accommodation.
I was very sorry to note, however your comments about the location of your table and the quality of the food. We hold a series of meetings with the team here to review our Christmas performance, and I will make sure that your concerns regarding the position of your table are duly noted and acted upon for next year.

With regards to the Festive Wine, Dine and Stay menu, please accept my apologies that we were unable to offer your party the lamb. Occaisionaly when one dish is massively popular we do run out, but you should certainly have been offered a suitable dish as an alternative. We have had some lovely comments and reviews for the night you were with us (in fact there is one a little further down this page from a couple who thoroughly enjoyed their meal), so it is doubly disapointing that we were not able to meet your expectations.

I would like to mention however, that having a slightly more limited menu (the choice of 4 main courses you mentioned), is the only way we could possibly offer a three course dinner for 2, a bottle of wine, lovely live entertainment, overnight accommodation and a full English breakfast for two people (all at the busiest time of the year) for the very competitive price of just £120 per couple.

I do hope that you will give us another try in the future, so we can take the opportunity to redeem ourselves!
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Hubby and I can't say enough about Inglewood Manor. Our daughter, who always wanted a Christmas time wedding, was married there on Saturday the 15th and it was the most fantastic experience ever. The hotel is wonderful, the ambience, the decor, the whole atmosphere was just perfect. The rooms are wonderful (we had a Classic Double Room - No. 11 overlooking the front grounds of the manor house - which was amazing). The staff were superb, the canapes, mulled wine, wedding breakfast and evening buffet were excellent and the whole wedding experience could not be faulted. All Inglewood staff and management couldn't have been more pleasant, helpful and efficient. The hotel wedding planner, Kim, helped tremendously towards making sure the whole proceeedings went perfectly. All our friends and family who attended, many of whom stayed the night after the wedding, could not believe what a fantastic place Inglewood is. It really just could not have been bettered. The breakfast the next morning was also excellent and, looking at the menus for other meals and occasions I have a good idea that we will be back sometime to sample some more of Inglewood's delights! Well done to everybody at Inglewood - you were real stars - as well as our daughter of course!

Apart from the wedding experience the hotel is set off a quiet country lane and has beautiful gardens and parkland. It has a lovely summer patio area for outdoor gatherings. It is easy to find and has major road systems a few miles away to take you to motorways etc.

Room Tip: All our family and guests had lovely rooms. We had room 11 overlooking the front of the manor. A b...
1 Thank patsyd
Hi patsyd
Thank you for this lovely review. You really have covered everything, and it's so nice for us to know that every area of the hotel performed so well.

I'll pass on all your praise to the team. I'm sure they'll all be delighted you had such a great time, and that they've played a part in creating some very happy memories for you, your daughter (and son-in-law!) and your guests.

Do come back and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
The Chester Grosvenor
The Chester Grosvenor
#4 of 44 in Chester
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,052 reviews

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!