“We won't be booking our wedding here”
Review of Inglewood Manor

Inglewood Manor
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ledsham
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My partner and I went to see this hotel as a possible wedding venue. We have read some good things about it so we were quite disappointed in the end. To be fair, the hotel itself is beautiful, set in beautiful grounds. I've seen quite a few grounds at wedding venues in cheshire and these really are up there with the best. The terrace area is simply stunning. However, as a wedding venue, it was a thumbs down for me. To begin with, I was really annoyed by the poor customer service as we were only told when we got there that we wouldn't be able to see the main room for the wedding and disco because somebody was having a 60th birthday there. I pointed out to the general manger than if they had told us this we would have arranged another date. I noticed he only apologised for this massive oversight when I brought it up! He suggested another 50minute journey to come to visit them a second time but as you can imagine, I was already thinking that this wasn't likely! Anyway, I probably could have got over that if it suited our needs in other ways but the room layout was absolutely rubbish for weddings. The main reception area is a lovely oak pannelled room as you can see from the brochure but it's small for weddings. We are looking at numbers of about 65 and he said with round tables, we would have to have two tables outside the room (albeit with doors opening on to it). The room can fit more with rows of square tables but I still thought it was small. Outside the room is a lounge area and the manager said that the tables out there would be removed later in the evening so some of your guests would no longer have their own table. Then, across from that room was the room of the civil ceremony and that's where the manager said most people have the dance floor as the other rooms are too small for a dance floor really. So, a dance floor two rooms away and a bar in a different room again. Basically, I want to keep my guests together and I think this would end up feeling very disjointed. That's just my opinion though of course so if you can handle the less than ideal layout, this would be a stunning location for a wedding. Oh, and the customer service needs a bit of work too.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dizzy20
MaisieTrigg, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Dear Dizzy20
I am so sorry that when you came to view our lovely hotel, there was a function taking place in one of the rooms you wished to see. The hotel is extremely popular for celebrations of every type, however, there is s system in place to avoid this sort of confusion, and on this occaision it seem to have failed, for which I sincerely apologise. We are undertaking a review to ensure this doesn't happen again.

With regards to the other points you raise, detailing the unsuitability of our room layout for your function, I can only point out that over 120 brides this year have booked Inglewood Manor because they fell in love with the beautiful function rooms in a lovely building, surrounded by 38 acres of glorius grounds. They have also seen the hundreds of thank-yous and rave reviews we recieve for our fabulous food, friendly efficient service and comfortable accommodation.

I note from your other Tripadvisor review that we are not the only hotel property that fails to meet your very specific search criteria. I very much hope that your search for your perfect wedding venue proves successful.

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Can't say enough about how the staff looked after us. They were all very helpful. The wedding reception was excellent, all the tables laid to perfection and the meal was excellent too. We partied through the night and can't praise the hotel manager and his staff enough for making Friday 15th April such a very special occasion. A BIG THANKYOU TO YOU ALL.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
MaisieTrigg, Director of Sales at Inglewood Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Hi Ben and Lisa
We're absolutely thrilled you had a lovely time at your wedding here. It's always a delight to have a hotel full of happy wedding guests - do come back and see us again soon, and perhaps keep in touch via our Facebook page.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Have just returned from Afternnon Tea at this lovely hotel. Inglewood is in a beautiful setting. The staff and food were excellent, a good choice of sandwiches, scones and cakes I would highly recommend a visit for that special occasion.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights food was superb staff was helpful and attentive. Ideal spot for visiting Liverpool,Chester and the Wirral. Only a 5 minute drive to Hooten station(80p allday parking) and then a short train ride to Liverpool(£3.80 return) and an even shorter one to Chester(£3.30return). This is a warm and relaxing hotel and if im ever back in the area again i will stay there couldnt fault it .

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We stayed for three nights 4 days. Lovley grand manor, beautiful grounds superb views. Our room was spacous and clean, we had all we needed. I can't say enough in praise of the staff, they were very attentive and went out of their way to help us. The reception staff were freindly and very professional. Anything we asked for they willingly provided. The bar and restaurant staff made us feel very welcome and did all they could for us. The food was lovely, at breakfast we had a wide range of choice. The restaurant was top class not too large, the decor is beautiful. We dined in as well as eating out at a variety of restaurants.The staff themselves made all the difference to our stay. I would reccomend Inglewood Manor to anyone. Beautiful place lovely genuine people.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Lovely room, nothing too much trouble for staff and excellent evening meals.
Breakfast a little disappointing (toast!) but everything else spot on. LBC walkers.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We've just enjoyed yet another wonderful stay at Inglewood Manor. It's a beautiful old house with a warm and friendly atmosphere.

All staff are happy to go that extra mile to ensure guests are happy.

Dinner is always delightful - beautifully presented, well-cooked and tasty.

The hot cooked-to-order breakfast is always delicious.

We're already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ledsham
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Thornton Hough

Been to Inglewood Manor? Share your experiences!