I stayed with a large party of golfers and we were well looked after. the car parking was extensive and the receptionists were friendly and efficient. The room was spacious and very comfortable with all the amenities you would expect. the breakfast were excellent but the service was a little slow. We had dinner together in a private room with a restricted menu and the food and service was good. An excellent hotel for a large group of golfers with the only complaints being a lack of draught beer or Guiness and the ridiculous bar prices in general
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in 27 acres of Cheshire woodland, you wouldn't believe how close Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa is to the M53, connecting to the M56 and onto Manchester and the rest of the UK. A beautiful secluded hotel and picture perfect wedding venue combined with outstanding comfort and accessibility. Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa blends the best of British tradition with comfort and style to ensure your stay is special. And we're ideally located just a short distance from the attractions of the North West, with the historic city of Chester only ten minutes away. Enjoy cocktails on the terrace before experiencing gourmet dining in the Craxton Wood Grill. Indulge at our Vital Health & Wellbeing Club and Spa - we've just undergone a sensational £1.4million transformation and there's no better place to put your feet up and let our therapists ease away your stresses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Craxton Wood Chester
- Hotel Macdonald Craxton Wood