Hotel is set in lovely grounds. Room was nice but bed was far too hard. Pillows are feather and I asked for some non feather pillows which never arrived. Ate in the restaurant one night, food was nice but pricey for what it was. Nice selection of food for breakfast which is served in a conservatory overlooking the garden. Spa/leisure centre is a bit tired but Staff were lovely and I did have a lovely Indian head massage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestling in 27 acres of Cheshire woodland, you wouldn't believe how close Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa is to the M53, connecting to the M56 and onto Manchester and the rest of the UK. A beautiful secluded hotel and picture perfect wedding venue combined with outstanding comfort and accessibility. Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa blends the best of British tradition with comfort and style to ensure your stay is special. And we're ideally located just a short distance from the attractions of the North West, with the historic city of Chester only ten minutes away. Enjoy cocktails on the terrace before experiencing gourmet dining in the Craxton Wood Grill. Indulge at our Vital Health & Wellbeing Club and Spa - we've just undergone a sensational £1.4million transformation and there's no better place to put your feet up and let our therapists ease away your stresses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Craxton Wood Chester
- Hotel Macdonald Craxton Wood