“Pretty good”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Ludham
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stopped off here for lunch while out for a long walk. Very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere though there were a lot of TVs showing sport. We had paninis and a drink which were served promptly and with courtesy. Decent pint of Wherry and a white wine. Would return.

1  Thank thegroundsman

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Four of us ate here and although I was disappointed with my meal (it wasn't quite what I expected - should have asked more questions when ordering?), but the other three meals were very good and tasty. I thought it a bit on the pricey side, but the portions were good and I would recommend a visit.

Nothing much else I can say really .....!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

A christmas meal with 40 friends and colleagues was a great success. The carvery was fantastic with well cooked meats and a huge range of veg and trimmings. None of it was dry and nasty as some carverys can be but all was fresh and hot. Drinks were good and service was great. The whole evening was a fantastic success and we will be back next year. Well done KA!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had a strange time here some eight years ago when I was asked to leave following a massive public dispute in the dining room between us and the "chef" with all the other diners present taking sides either for us or for the "management" and mob control taking over. Weird. So it was with some trepidation that I went in for a couple of drinks a few days ago. What a change! The bar has been renovated and the interior completely redesigned. The staff were lovely and attentive. The menu looked fine, but as we did not have time we did not eat there so I cannot comment on the quality and standard of the food. Good beers though.
The bar has been brought up to the standard you would expect in the rest of the UK and all seems fine. A big plus for us was that there was Wifi. As another reviewer has pointed out, there is also sky sport.
So, in summary, a nice modern pub. I bet that in the winter its very snug with the wood burning stove. I didn't try the food, so will mark average, but I will return and try the lunch or dinner sometime. A big improvement on the previous owners.

3  Thank David H
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here for our last night on the broads the village of ludham is very nice and the restaurant was too. Food was a little bland but well cooked and reasonably priced, staff were very helpful and attentive.

1  Thank leonidasthewookie