All reviews lickey hills accommodation block short stopover rooms are small stayed here country park wedding reception small tv single room room was clean breakfast was buffet style room door would stay again hot drinks good size full english night's sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019

Hillscourt remains great value for money, comfortable accommodation, great staff and excellent unpretentious food.Conference and seminar facuilities are excellent and the surrounding area offers miles of rural trails and scenery for walking, jogging, biking (just a few miles from Birmingham!).Recommended.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Matthew B, General Manager at Hillscourt, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Thank you for your review - I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hillscourt in the near future.

Reviewed February 23, 2019

We booked in ready for an operation at the nearby Birmingham Royal Orthopedic hospital about 20mins away. I mentioned this when booking and I asked for a twin bedded room because of my condition and was offered one of the three superb disabled rooms.
Whilst I was not wheelchair bound these rooms are soooo good
The reception staff where bright and chirpy ( possibly in Birthday mode!). As we had to leave before breakfast on the first day we were offer a 'packed lunch' without us even asking for it. The next day we did sample the breakfast and it was excellent.
The only tip I would give is that the hotel is fairly difficult to locate IF you are only using Sat Nav so do download a map before you head off to this hidden gem.

Room tip: Don't rely on the Sat Nav to find this hotel. Even the hotel sign is fairly small because of local planning laws.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2019

Have stayed here on a number of occasions, it has really become my come to place when I’m working in Birmingham.Staff are friendly, rooms comfortable and quiet. Breakfast and evening meal are great quality and value for money. Just opposite the country park, highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2018

I stayed for 1 night on an overnight business trip.
The venue is located of a leafy lane and feels very rural even though so near Birmingham and the surrounding area.
Check in was quick and friendly.
The room was spacious and modern with a large shower only ensuite. There was all the usual bits like tea and coffee and shower gel.
I dined in the bar/bistro and the food was fresh and tasty and again good friendly service.
Over all a great stay in a lovely location.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The accommodation was clean and comfortable: bed was comfy, there was a TV with free view channels, nice bathroom facilities (even if the step into the shower is quite large) and plenty of space.
The food was really reasonable considering I was staying for business. Breakfast was very nice and included a full cooked breakfast, cereal, toast, fruit, yoghurt and hot drinks/fruit juice. Lunch was a buffet type setup of a selection of hot and cold food - sandwiches, chips, salads, samosas, sausage rolls etc. The teas/coffees were not the best as it was from a machine but it was practically on tap and the biscuits were plentiful!!
Dinner was 3 courses with a good selection of starters mains and puddings. Servings were a good size.
The conference/training facilities were excellent.
It was a great self contained location for our requirements.
Would recommend especially for business use!

Date of stay: November 2018