“Loved it”

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Loved the hotel, every one was very friendly and room was stunning and clean. I spent most of the time in the spa, which is the reason i went, and it was excellent. Not as calm and tranquil as other spa's i have been to, but the staff more than made up for that disappointment. I had a very nice facial using top notch products. If you get chance, order tea and scone. I had a scone at the spa and it was so luxurious, no scone will live up to it again lol. Special gratitude to Phil and Zoe in the spa who really looked after me and were lovely lovely people.

Visited August 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect for a relaxing day”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me and my mum went for the day and enjoyed a nice swim in the pool, a lovely lunch and then had 2 wonderful treatments. I had the deluxe facial which left my skin feeling great and was incredibly relaxing. Lauren, the lady who did the treatments for me, was very knowledgeable and friendly. I then had a manicure which was great. Overall we left feeling very relaxed and happy, a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Gemma W
Chester, United Kingdom
“Joanne Willcox, Therapist”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had 3 sessions of colonic irrigation with Joanne, she made me feel so comfortable and was very knowledable. It is important to have this therapy with a well experienced therapist who knows there stuff, she is very caring and chatted me through the process. I highly recommend her.

Visited May 2013
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Mothers delight spa day”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Took my mother for a Mothers Day treat
Fantastic value for £50 each we received 2 treatments use of the pool gym sauna jacuzzi and sauna towels and gowns and a lovely afternoon tea.
The staff were really friendly and chatty and always asking if you were ok or needed anything.
The spa lounge was comfy to sit in in your gown
We would go back again maybe with an over night stay once the Manor refurbishments are complete which I think will make it a super place.
Chester and Cheshire Oaks outlet both within 10 /15 min drive so even time for shopping

Visited March 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do Not Book Spa Dishonest staff who lie & management who refuse to return calls. Go to Grovesnor Pulford”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had booked a spa day for myself and my mum and rang to add additional treatments on only to be told this was not possible as the booking was with a joanne wilcox. When I asked who Joanne Wilcox is this is a apparently someone who rents a room at the spa who is actually based in birkenhead! When I asked what her professional qualifications where I was advised she was a colonic hydrotherapist ! I was a bit miffed as myself and my mum have done numerous spa days at the Grosvenor Pulford which is excellent and the customer service second to none and also at the Doubletree Hilton in Chester again a wonderful experience but with their own in house qualified beauty therapists. When I asked about the treatments the man I spoke to Gary was quite rude and said well you need to phone Joanne herself here's her number. He passed me the number an 0845 number and I rang it and spoke to a Jessica who advised me she would get Joanne Wilcox to call me back. About 30 minutes later I received a text to my phone informing me that this Joanne Wilcox had the right to refuse treatment and to contact Living Social for a refund as this is who we had booked the spa day with. The spa day was advertised as if it was with Crabwall Manor so this is what I was led to believe, so I rang Joanne Wilcox back and spoke to Jessica again who informed me that Gary in Crabwall Manor had let Joanne listen in on my phone conversation and Joanne did not like that I was querying if she was a qualified beauty therapist ?? and therefore was refusing to treat myself and my 65 year old mother. I asked Jessica to ask Joanne Wilcox to have the courtesy to ring me back to sort this out which Jessica advised that she would I am still awating this phone call. I then contacted Crabwall manor back and spoke to Gary again and asked him why he had allowed this Joanne to listen in to my converstaion when I was simply making enquires, Gary denied this saying Joanne had left at 1pm and he hadn't let her listen in however he was still being rude and unhelpful, so I asked to speak to the spa manager and he laughed and said she was unavailable. At this point I was horrified by the appaling lack of customer service and unprofessionalism from this Gary, I then asked for the Spa Managers name and he laughed again saying it was Helen and that he would get her to call me back, he then tried to end the conversation without taking my contact number. I then stated to him my number and re iterated that I would like the spa manager to contact me asap, I am still wating for a courtesy call back. I have never experienced anything like this in my life please spend your money somewhere else.

6 Thank catherine g