Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
$77
$75
  • Breakfast included
1,803 results
All reviewsfour poster bedchester zoospa treatmentsbar areacheshire oaksfrom start to finishweekend breakcouldn't faultfull englishgymmollyfacial
Reviewed September 2, 2010

This hotel has excellent spa facilities and is a popular hotel for groups of girls having a birthday celebration or hen night. While we were there we saw 3 or 4 other groups, which wasn't a problem as we were also a good size group, but it may be a problem to people trying to have a romantic weekend away.

The spa had excellent pool facilities and we were provided with lunch and a bathrobe on arrival before using the pool/jacuzzi and having our treatments. The facilities also included a good gym and there were plenty of staff on hand. The treatments were okay, i had a delux pedicure, but I did get the sense that they had too many bookings on that day. I was sat in a very uncomfortable chair in a narrow section of the main room where people were coming in and out all of the time. While I was supposed to be relaxing with my feet in the heat bags, I remained on the uncomfy chair [more like a deckchair] and had no place to put my feet up until i asked for the wheelie stool the therapist had been sat on. I know they were trying to please several bookings, but it would have been nicer to have my pedicure in a quieter place with a more comfortable place to sit. Being quite tall the therapist had to bend my leg so I was almost stood on her lap while she was doing the treatment.

Obviously this doesn't mean the hotel wasn't great so if you can find a quiet time at the spa then it would be a great place to relax. I shared a room with my friend and our party also had a triple and a quad room. These rooms were all great value for money and even though the soundproofing wasn't the best, take ear plugs and you don't hear the baby crying next door!!

The rooms were all spacious and had lovely bathrooms with more space than you would normally find in a hotel of this class.

We were ideally located for a night out in Chester and it's easy to arrange cabs at reception. The hotel were also very accommodating for all our requests and we had a lovely stay.

Breakfast was plentiful and with lots of variety too.

Definitely get booked in if you want a great value weekend away with friends!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
ChesterManager, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2010

I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel ,and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mollington in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

This was our second visit to the hotel and it was much more enjoyable than the first. We stayed in a deluxe room which was better than the normal room; mainly bigger rather than better facilities. The bed was comfy although the mattress was a bit thin.

Food at the restaurant was good. The equipment in the gym was working properly this time as was the steam room. Swimming pool was a bit cold but refreshing.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again to Mollington

Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed in this Hotel as we was attending a family wedding and the Sister Hotel up the road. Communal areas and some failities staff bar and restaurant was lovely stairs to upper floor family room stunk of stale beer Family room appaplling wardrobe door fell off, chest of 3 drawers only 1 handle on top drawer, leak under toilet with a screwed up towel underneathand flush not working properly. Black spot mould on bathroom ceiling. Bedding didnt fit beds properly and plastic door card was a nightmare. Family of four stayed in the family room but there was only 2 glasses and two bottles of water little things count. This Hotel is not cheap and i have stayed in alot better 4* than this the Hotel inspector would have a Birthday

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank bull41
ChesterManager, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

I am sorry you did not enjoy your room ( I think we have corresponded)
But I am delighted to read you enjoyed the rest of our facilities

Reviewed July 23, 2010

We had a lovely few days at the hotel, staying with two small children. They promised to provide two cots in the room and they were ready for us when we got into the room (its surprising how many hotels can't manage this!) The room had a lovely view and was certainly large enough to easily accommodate two cots.

Breakfast was fine. The cooked breakfast was done via a buffet (not a lot of choice, especially for vegetarians.) One the second day there seemed to be very little choice of fruit (the first day there had been a lot of choice) but no fresh fruit was offered and things like marmite had to be requested. There was also a shortage of high chairs. First day there were two (but certainly more highchairs than young children staying in the hotel.) The second day only had one high chair and a booster seat (which didn't have any straps to secure it to the seat or to fit the child in.)

We had room service one night which was fine.

The swimming pool was lovely. Had well set up with clear and very safe areas for small children.

The staff were brilliant and simply couldn't do enough for you. Very impressive customer care.

Overall, a relaxing weekend for the whole family.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
ChesterManager, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to
Mollington in the future

Reviewed July 22, 2010

We got Married in Malta & after looking at many hotels for our wedding reception we choose The Mollington Banastre as the gardens at the back of the hotel is a lovely setting for photo's even at night with all the lights in the trees. it is also wheel chair friendly, The hotel was very clean & we could not fault the staff my wedding coordinator was Jamie who was so helpful even when i was very stressed he calmed me down with Tea & Cake ;-) The reception food was Excellent which all my family & friends commented on Beef in a Yorkshire puddings yum yum!!!!! & that was just the buffet. The room was great as we wanted the bar to be in the same room as the men in our family tend to hog the bar ;-) which meant everyone stayed in the same room all night. We have just booked for our free stay which is part of the wedding package which i am looking forward to just hope we get the wedding room which was stunning with its fourposter bed. xx

• Stayed: October 2009

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mollington