2,240 results
All reviews four poster bed cheshire oaks spa break buffet style chester city centre short break visit chester full english clive gym facial
Selected filters
Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

The room was not as described online:-
1. there were stains on the cushions on the bed
2. there was a large stain on the seat of the chair cover in the corner of the room
3. there was a large water mark on the ceiling of the room
4. the headboard was thread bear as was the carpet
5. there was no coax / aerial cable to the TV which therefore would not work, therefore no sufficient room checks had been made.
6. There was no staff member in the leisure centre to check us in upon arrival
7. The sauna was out of order
8. The steam room was out of order
9. There was a loose tile on the bottom of the pool floor
10. There were no staff members in the café area and there were several tables covered with dirty plates and cups
11. There were lengthy waits across the hotel for service such as waiting to be seated in the restaurant for dinner and the issue in our room for the TV
12. We could not sleep in our room due to the heat from the radiator and I was unable to turn this down.
13. There was too much noise from a disco playing onsite from the wedding that was taking place in the hotel which I had not been warned about and neither myself, nor my son could sleep and had to leave the hotel before 11.00pm and drive home. We therefore did not stay the night, nor did we have breakfast.
14. A pre-authorised payment was held on my card of £127 and £155 was taken from my debit card without my consent and signature.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank emmajC1618SK
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

The previous post was same time we stayed I know as my car is in their pictures (you shouldn't be posting registration numbers of cars!!!)

I would agree that the reception smelt it didn't at all. The staff really make this place they are friendly and helpful.

I would agree that the hotel needs some up dating and the carpark has some very bad pit holes but this isn't a £150+ per night hotel. We found it clean and tidy enough for us. It was easy to park and parking is free.

As said the staff were very friendly and very helpful.

After reading the reviews we were pleasantly surprised at the hotel though dated everything was clean and everything worked. We stayed through a groupon deal so paid similar money to a travel lodge but the hotel is much better than travel lodge.

We didn't use the pool but did wander down to take a look.

The breakfast was nice and there was plenty of choice

We didn't have an evening meal at the hotel so can't comment.

A nice hotel though a little dated made better by the staff.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2020

We stayed at the Millington Banastre for 3 days over Christmas and a great time we had. Room very comfortable and plenty of space for our Jack Russell. Food excellent Christmas day very enjoyable. I recommend it to everyone. Service was excellent by very friendly staff who were always willing to help. Free tea, coffee mince pies in the lounge throughout our stay.if you ever visit the beautiful City of Chester the the Millington Banastre is the place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2020

We booked 2 family rooms at the end of November for 2 nights. Arriving on New Years eve and leaving on 02.01.20. There were 7 of us . 4 adults 2 children (youngest 3.5 years old). We paid £120 per night. Upon arrival we thought we got the wrong location as the building looked nothing like on the pictures. old, dirty, unloved. Car park has not been touched for decades , if you are booking here watch your cars.

We checked in and were given keys to room 69. Room was sub standard. It smelled. Carpet was so dirty that I would not dare to take my shoes off, curtains have never been changed and washes, valance sheet on bed ripped. We went back to reception and I requested another room. When manager on duty that evening came back to room 69 to inspect he said to me that it is my own perception of the room. No apology or anything. We were then moved to room 60. It had a double bed and a small fold down bed for our son. It was clean. Still very dated and definitely not worth £120 per night.
When we booked our stay we were told that there will be New Years Gala in hotel but it is for over 18s only. We were told that we can still book in for dinner in Garden restaurant and were sent 2 menu options (Festive menu and another option) menus looked good and we were looking forward to it. At about 6pm on New Years eve we thought we will double check our booking with reception. At this time we were told that the restaurant is shut for the night due to Gala but we can eat in bar area from the bar lounge menu. This has been managers decision. At this point in the evening with a 3.5 year old we had no choice but to stay in the hotel. Food was ok but overpriced for what we had. Steak was £18 with sauce and all you got was piece of steak, frozen chips and grilled tomato. No presentation at all it was like eating in cheap canteen. We had 2 meals in chester next day and we did not pay that much for a much nicer food. When we raised these complaints with manager upon check out he did not care. He apologized but when we asked for at least some of the food bill to be refunded he did not want to hear about it. He said that if we stay next time they will do us a good deal. We will never stay in this hotel or any other hotels in this chain ever again. Next day we drove to Carden Park they had a great offer - Garden suite with breakfast and late check out £154 - we had dinner in their 5 star restaurant and did not pay as much as in this run down hotel.
Take my advice and stay away!

Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank Ieva_P2015-05
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here, the stay was booked by my family as a birthday treat so we could explore Chester for a few days. Prior to this we read reviews which really weren't that positive.. we stayed optimistic as we were just looking forward to a breakaway and aren't particularly fussy people so thought we'd make our own judgment.

Upon arrival, the pictures shown advertising the hotel are of the back. The front of the hotel is completely different, confusing but nonetheless we didn't care it's a building. Just should advertise the front as people will have a stronger opinion on this. The receptionist was polite, have us room keys and told us where to go. I just say the downstairs wasn't so bad and actually looked pretty nice.

You climb the stairs and instantly the corridor is different, there's a different smell and more is a musk. Decor is different... Our room..
The decor was old and just looked dirty. Stains on the sheet on our bed, a damp smell when you out your head on the pillow. Everything was brown and old. The room just felt abandoned and was so uncomfortable. The set up of the room was odd. Placement of the bed and tv. Under the TV there was what we think was a metal like pull out chair?! With no pillow covers on it just sat under the TV. Complimentary teas which I was happy about.. but no kettle to make one.
The bathroom was okay, felt more updated. Our room has a view of another wall. We stayed in room 7.

Unfortunately I'd been ill prior to this and almost did cancel. And dear go I wish I did, no refund or anything offered afterwards. This place just feels years old, with even older decor in our room. We just had to leave and won't be returning.

NEEDS TLC