2,012 results
All reviews four poster bed chester zoo spa treatments cheshire oaks bar area buffet style couldn't fault weekend break full english gym molly facial
Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews here I was a little worried. However, no need to worry, although some areas of the hotel could do with updating, I found it to be a comfortable, welcoming and very relaxing hotel. Plenty of car parking, located just a short taxi journey from Chester. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, warm and quiet. Bathroom could do with some upgrading, but was clean. Had evening meal here on our first night which for me was the highlight. Standard of food was excellent. Also plenty of choice for breakfast. Don't be put off, give it a chance!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear James

Thank you of reviewing your stay and for your kind and encouraging feedback. We are delighted that you trusted in your own instincts and came to stay with us at The Molly B .It was a great pleasure for Mr Gavin and all the team to look after your whilst visiting Chester and we thank you sharing this so positively for us today along with your personal recommendation.

Reviewed November 11, 2018

My friend had this voucher for her birthday and invited me. The voucher allowed us to use the pool (freezing cold), sauna and steam room. Did not stay long in the pool it was so cold. All the facilities could have done with a good clean.
Afternoon tea - the young man who was in charge of the Spa (pool and everything) served the tea in his tracksuit, while booking in clients and keeping an eye on the pool, through the windows in the Bar area. What a lot of responsibility for one person and what about H&S in the pool area?? Not impressed again.
Our tea considered of 9 small quarters of sandwiches - NO choice available. We had cheese, ham and boiled egg. All filling were tasteless, hand was slimy and a weird texture. 2 small scones (already with a smear of jam and cream), 2 very small pieces of cake the size of a postage stamp and 2 small cream donuts. The chocolate cake I had - crumble in my hand because it was too small to hold. We were offered sparkling wine and choice soft drinks, which the young man served and made the tea. He was very nice and polite, but I did not envy him his job!!!
So disappointed with the whole experience, the plates had been make up earlier as they were stone cold and there where 4 parties taking tea and we all got the same.
I would NOT recommend this experience to anyone. What a let down of a once brilliant hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Trisha195209
Reviewed November 10, 2018 via mobile

Typical hotel of this nature, old building, some parts not in the best state of repair.

Really old fashioned, old furniture and decor, uneven floors, bed was like sleeping on a snooker table with the balls still on. We stayed with a 4 month old baby but we were given a room on the first floor, through very small rabbit warren corridors and doors, and there is no lift! We had to leave the pram in the car!

Staff are great and the food was very good (with the exception of finding a small caterpillar in a sandwich), but overall another example of a hotel that puts the word Spa at the end and thinks it's better than it is.

Have stayed in far worse places, but a £35 Premier Inn would have given us a better night's sleep.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jonny M
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2018

Dear Joney M

We are pleased that on the whole you had a pleasant stay and appreciate you sharing your opinion and feedback today.

Regards

Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

Myself, partner and 4 month son staying in the hotel on 6th November 2018. The room we stayed in was the same as most hotels up and down the country. When I booked I stated we would have a baby with us, but no travel cot was in the room. A quick call to reception and this was rectified. I have to say all the staff we encountered we helpful and friendly. We used the free spa facilities and these were very pleasant, we used the pool twice (once at night and once in the morning) and both times we shared it with just a few other people. The only disappointment was the breakfast, with the cooked breakfast the options were slim and not particularly tasty, if I hadn't already paid I probably wouldn't have bothered after seeing the selection. All I all I enjoyed my stay, and for the price I paid it was worth it, Just avoid the breakfast.

Trip type: Traveled with family
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear Ash H
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you to the Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel and Spa and we apologise that the cot was not set up for you before your arrival . Such booking notes on not usually overlooked and we appreciate your patience whilst this was rectified.

We are pleased you had a pleasant break away whilst visiting Chester and that you enjoyed returning to relax in the pool .
I am sorry that in this occasion you did not enjoy breakfast and this will be followed up with both the restaurant team and Chef .

Reviewed November 7, 2018

Sam the Spa Manager greeted us on arrival and from then on we were treated like VIPs. Steve brought us our lunch right on time and it was excellent, can highly recommend the steak! Hot stone massage was very relaxing, and a pleasant chill out room afterwards,
All the staff were wonderful, we will be going again.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth G

Dear Ruth G

It is wonderful to read that you had such a relaxing and pleasant day with us in the Spa and that you thoroughly enjoyed the treatments . It was a pleasure for Sam and Steve to look after you and we hope to have the opportunity to do do the next time you feel like a little rest and tranquility.