“Stunning location, well presented room”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Our room was lovely. Very spacious, clean, comfortable bed. Unfortunately, the service was appalling. No-one greeted us when we arrived for breakfast, we could have been anyone walking in. We weren't offered tea or coffee, I had to ask for it. Their was only one egg left and no bacon, ( some was brought later) . The table only had a knife, fork and spoon, their was no side knife, and none to be seen, so if you wanted toast and jam you had to wipe your knife on a napkin. The quality of this hotel is good, but I'm afraid the service leaves a lot to be desired. I would not visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe double, was facing gardens and was very pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Really great welcome upon arrival. Staff were very helpful and it's just what we needed after getting a puncture five miles down the road. We were directed to a garage again who we're friendly and efficient. When we went to our room it wasn't quite ready even though it was after 3pm. This didn't matter as we needed to go straight out anyway. Our room was clean and fresh looking (56). Very restful looking out over the gardens. Great location for both Chester and Cheshire oaks. When we got back on the second day there was a smell of fresh paint and the corridor had been painted, also the roof panels above our door that were missing had been replaced. Breakfast was a real letdown both days, and reading others comments feel quite envious of their freshly cooked breakfasts. Day one the bacon was crisp and cold and greasy. The eggs had seen better days and I had to ask for numerous items including plates! Day two was only slightly better as the food was fresher and at least warmish on the most part. However what really concerned me was that there was a distinct lack of serving tongues not only for the hot plate but there were non for the toast or croissants. When I asked the waitress she suggested I just used my hands. Great with loads of people eating and kids deciding which one is best!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are great to wake up to. Didn't see a lift so prob best requesting groun...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Arrival was friendly, room ready clean and tidy, view of garden (room 55). Great sleep. Breakfast was served at table first 2 mornings, piping hot. Hotel busy next few days buffet style, replenishing slow, food lukewarm. Bar/lounge great selection of chairs sofas, from cosy, bucket, wingback something for all. Leisure complex : pool quite chilly for little ones, changing rooms lockers dusty. Perhaps area could do with a deep clean. Still enjoyable though. Train few minutes away daytripper ticket £4.80 can get on and off, went to Southport and Liverpool on this value ticket after 9.30.
We will return.

Room Tip: Ground floor garden view 55, 56,room 54 disabled access.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol W
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is just outside Chester - it takes about 7 minutes to drive into the centre of town.
It is set in large gardens and inside is very pleasant. You walk in to piped music - not muzak but mellow popular tunes. The setting is gorgeous and plenty of parking space. The room I had was similar to a budget hotel room - everything you need plus soap and towels and there was also a kettle, tea cups and two types of biscuits as well as a table and chairs, so bigger than a budget hotel and very clean. Also the decor and the liquid soaps and smell of the room was better than a budget hotel and everything helped to make me feel rested after a long journey. The corridor that I was in, on the ground floor, had recently been repainted and was very neat. The price was a good deal better than very average rooms that I have stayed in recently which have been closer to the centre of town. Excellent breakfast cooked to order (poached egg was perfect and they added a tomato which I had requested as an afterthought) and a restaurant attached which I didn't go to but could have if travelling into town had proved too much in the evening. The breakfast room is in a delightful setting and gives onto a gorgeous mature manicured garden with a lovely weeping willow as a centre piece. Perfect for an early morning start. They gave me tea at a table I had chosen when I flopped down in the hall very tired while I waited for my room to be ready and were very attentive and pleasant in a normal human way - rather than a formal "because the client is always right" atmosphere. There is also a spa and gym which are free if you stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank cosylondon
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

When I had booked the hotel I was sceptical because I had got it at a good price. (around £80 for two nights).
Arrived at the reception, very polite and friendly staff. The room was really clean and kept clean. I enjoyed the breakfast, cooked to what you ordered. The location is great aswell, I travelled by taxi and only cost £5 to get into chester.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nathan E
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The photos do not reflect the hotel. It's worn and tired, dirty cutlery, glasses and carpets, really does not deserve 4star status. Looks good from the outside, has lots of potential, but needs serious investment.

Room Tip: There are no lifts to upper floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 177Pauline
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We booked this hotel as we had to attend a family funeral outside Chester. The arrangements were made in conjunction with our ferry booking from Ireland. After a very early start and a long ferry crossing we were delighted to arrive at this excellently run and equipped hotel. Our room was especially spacious and comfortable with a pleasant outlook over the garden so we were able to relax after our journey. The bar menu was very suitable and we chose from it on our first night. The second night we were tempted by the restaurant and were not at all disappointed! Service was friendly and efficient.
Our compliments to the management - this is a hotel we would willingly return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room overlooking the garden at the rear
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MourneladyLisburn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 45 in Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!