“First class service”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Dundee, United Kingdom
“First class service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Staff are very polite and hardworking couldn't thank them enough. I got married at the hotel two years ago my
Husband and myself decided to come back for a weekend away and the service was first class again. The room was spotless good size flatscreen t.v on wall with a excellent cooked breakfast in the morning.Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Rosieo000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My partner and I have just spent a 3 day Xmas package here. The hotel is very 'tired' and our room was disappointing. The photos on their site were cleverly taken as we were expecting a room twice the size as the one we got.
After the first evening and a word with the manager the restaurant service improved although as a 60 yr old lady I do not want to be addressed as a 'guy' by the waiter (as in 'have you guys finished now'). The staff on reception could not have been more polite and welcoming and the food was excellent.
The public areas were very comfortable but I feel they needed a bit more festive decoration.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne J
Moreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My daughter and I had a lovely afternoon tea in pleasant surroundings overlooking the grounds. Good selection of sandwiches and cakes, all very yummy. Excellent service and attention to detail. Would definately go again.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I booked the New Years Eve package for Gala dinner and overnight stay. We nearly cancelled this due to the negative reviews on this site. However as we had already paid upfront we thought we would go and see for ourselves. We are very glad that we did. We had a very enjoyable evening. The food was lovely, the service was great and they had provided everything we could want for the new year celebrations. Crackers, good quality hats, party poppers, blowers, balloons etc.

Our room was warm and comfortable and we would definately stay there again or recommend others to do so. The staff are very friendly and hardworking.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have just had a family 'get together' here between Christmas and the New Year. There were 18 of us meeting together for dinner and the majority were staying in the hotel itself. The staff were very accommodating and arranged the seating so that we could all sit together. There was a good festive atmosphere with lots of Christmas trees and decorations.

The food was good and the service was also good. If I had to make a criticism it would be that the serving staff were a bit too keen to take empty glasses/plates away. You almost felt as though they were waiting for you to put your knife and fork down.

I was not one of those staying in the hotel so I am unable to comment further.

That aside, it was a very pleasant experience and we would certainly go there again.

Frodsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've come to the Mollington for many spa days in the past and had a lovely experience so when I decided I would treat my best friend for a pre wedding spa day I had no hesitation in choosing the Mollington.......how wrong could I have been!!!
This hotel has deteriorated rapidly and is dirty, dated and the staff are unprofessional!!!!
The leisure manager had no uniform on and looked scruffy, not mentioning the fact that he stood there with his hands down his pants!!! Then minutes later was serving food to guests! I can safely say that I DID NOT eat any of the food offered to me!!
The pool looked dirty, like murky, I was looking forward to a swim and a jacuzzi but I decided I would give it a miss after seeing the state of the pool!
In the past the spa/gym used to be so busy and the staff there were always really helpful, but there was hardly anyone in the gym and the staff certainly weren't helpful or friendly!
This hotel used to be such a clean, friendly and thriving hotel I just don't know what has gone wrong......I wont be returning I can say that much!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Michelle B

Travelers are raving about these Mollington hotels

kampala
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just wish I had read previous reviews before booking the family Xmas dinner here. The meal was over £50 a head so we naturally expected something special. As the bar was under stocked - the aperitifs we wanted were not available - sherry! The smoked salmon starter was 'chewy' and we wondered whether the bread was meant to be toast it was so stale! Xmas dinner as my 17 year old said was worse than school dinners - tasteless - despite the fact we each ordered our food a week in advance. There was no ambiance - no music - hardly any decorations and only one member of staff worked over time to make the meal special. A real disappointment.

1 Thank grubber87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!