“Recent stay at Mollington Banastre”

Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Wrexham
“Recent stay at Mollington Banastre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Recenlty stayed at this hotel for my wife's 70th. General overall impression is that the hotel is somewhat tired and needs money spending on it. However we had a nice stay with reception staff being so courteous and helpful. On our arrival we had in our room a nice bottle of FIZZ and a birthday cake...many thanks indeed. My wife really enjoyed her spa treatments. Male sauna out of action. Very good breakfast. Found it difficult to locate Hotel entrance especially at night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fintan G, General Manager at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and we are pleased that yourself and your wife enjoyed your stay on her birthday. We are pleased that you enjoyed the food and service and I will also pas your kind comments onto the spa team regarding your wife's treatments.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Fintan Gavin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights as had a meeting in Chester and found the Mollington hotel great for access from the motorway and no parking charges. Clean spacious room with a great breakfast offering lots of choice. Staff very helpful getting me directions to my meeting and arranging a late night snack when I returned later than expected after a long day at work. Will definitely book again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ringo

Thank you for your recent review and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were able to help in providing directions and organise food for you when you arrived back late.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Not really 4 Star! Our room still had single glazed windows, and the only form of heating was a portable electric heater! Apparently the warm air heating system wasn't working but no explanation was given during check in! The lift was also out of order for the duration of our stay. The spa & leisure facilities were nice, but a lot of the public were looking a little "tired". The service was good but hotel appeared to be somewhat under staffed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeff

Thank you for your recent review and we are glad you enjoyed the spa facilities and that you also found the service very good. My apologies for the maintenance issues you experienced and I will make sure that these have been resolved. We have also embarked on a redecoration program in the public areas and rooms you will be pleased to hear.

The next time you are visiting the area I would ask that you contact me directly and I shall ensure that you get an upgraded room.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

My daughter and I had to bring our dog from out of town for an important appointment at the University of Liverpool Leahurst small animal hospital. We arrived late and the room was fine and bed comfortable. In the morning we found that no taxi company would pick us up for the 10 minute drive to the hospital because of the dog. After unsuccessfully trying three companies the front desk clerk (I didn't catch her name) offered to drive us herself but then realized she did not have her car that day. The manager of the hotel Cheryl immediately offered to drive us so that we wouldn't miss the appointment as it was getting late. This service is over and above what can be expected and it is something the hotel and its management should be very proud of.
Best, Andy, Katie and Dash

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andy

Thank you for your kind review and we hope that Dash is feeling better. All our staff do try to go out of their way to satisfy our guests needs and requirements and I am pleased that on this occasion Desi on the reception team and our conference and events manager Cheryl were able to help you when none of the taxi companies could. We are all very proud of our staff and their commitment to our guests and I will ensure your comments are passed on.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

Arrived at hotel on Saturday after a great day Xmas shopping in the city,got to hotel around 6ish that was our first mistake the later you arrive the further you are from the bar,restaurant and reception.ask for a corkscrew when we arrived and I was walking back to reception 40mins later asking for it again I walked to reception cause the phone in the room didn't work.After a nights sleep in which I sweated til 3am(heating on) we woke at 8am freezing(heating off).my wife and I had showers to find out we had to hold the shower head ourselves no hairdryer in the room so another trip to reception (still no phone) who said they would send 1 up 40mins and dry hair later we went for another walk to reception to say we no longer wanted the hairdryer(it never turned up).But breakfast was good,l aired my views and complaints with reception and only got blank looks very poor I've stopped in Chester for many years now and this was the worst stay.stop at the abode,the queens or Grosvenor instead

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Marcus

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry to hear about the issues you experienced as we normally get quite favourable comments about the staff and service and my apologies that on this occasion your issues were not rectified immediately. I would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel so I may discuss this in more detail with you.

Fintan Gavin

Travelers are raving about these Mollington hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days and 3 nights and it was so comforting in these days of money and cost effectiveness to find a hotel of genuine care and thoughtfulness where i didnt hear the usual warcry of "im sorry but your room wont be available until 2,3 or 4 in the afternoon.Where the return ferry wasnt until 21-30 and to be told the room was free until needed rather than theres a charge if the rooms not vacated by midday.These are the personal touches that one doesnt find in the ultra modern replicated and sanitised hotels we see in all our cities today.A BIG BIG THANK YOU to all the staff and management for their kindness.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank clemmc
Dear Clemm

Thank you for your recent review and I am glad we were able to help on your recent stay. our staff all try to go the extra mile for guests when possible and give the personal touches as we believe this is what makes us stand out and not be a faceless corporate type hotel.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Took my wife for champagne afternoon tea to celebrate her 50th birthday. We were very disappointed with the presentation and quality of the food and drink.
Conversely the service was good.
What a shame that on this occasion at least they just didn't get it right.
Unsurprisingly we won't be going back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen A
Dear Stephen

Thank you for your recent review and I am sorry to hear that whilst you found the service good you were disappointed with the afternoon tea selection.

I would ask that you contact me directly at the hotel so that I may discuss rearranging this for you.

Fintan Gavin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#10 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,579 reviews

Been to Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!