We stayed for one night, the 27th, it was an impromptu visit and we booked on the looks of the professional pictures. We were more than surprised to find on arrival the main picture is the back not the front but we were not surprised having realized this that the rest of the Hotel was shabby to say the least and looked nothing like the internet photos.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a very warm and welcoming lady on reception, she let herself down though when she couldn't give us directions to our room (shouldn't somebody working at the front end of the Hotel know this as a basic rule?). We went to our room which was for 2 adults and an 18 month old and we immediately asked for a change, the room was tiny and there was barely room to get us all in. We were initially told there were no more rooms available by the receptionist, only for another member of staff to overhear and tell us actually there were 2 more rooms and they would gladly assist us in moving to another room, which was nice of them.
The whole Hotel on the walk through smelled damp and almost every door frame was chipped, the carpets old and worn and the decor very old and tired, the plugs in the room were loose and not fitted to the wall. The walls are paper thin as well and an elderly gentleman in the room next to us called reception to help him work the television, we could hear the entire conversation as well as every switch being turned on and off.
Oh and parents of young children beware, the towel rail in the bathroom was very very hot and there was no way to turn it off, our little girl almost managed to grab it before we realized this.
The whole Hotel is in desperate need of some TLC and a lick of paint. To cap it all off when my wife got in the shower and closed the curtain there were dried on bogeys waiting to greet her!
Negatives: Overpriced, Old fashioned, Staff not up to the jobs asked of them, not the cleanest Hotel, misleading images from the website
Positives: Friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was nice enough, good location for Chester.
All in all i would recommend a Travel Inn or Premier Inn rather than the Brook Mollington as all you are getting is worse or equal at best accommodation at an inflated price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4-star country-house hotel is in beautiful grounds, a short drive from Chester city centre. For leisure, it has an indoor swimming pool, a sauna, gym, jacuzzi, squash courts and spa. The beauty spa offers a range of relaxing treatments, including mud wraps and massages. Brook Mollington Banastre also has free car parking. Hotel Rooms: 63. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel Mollington
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel And Spa
- Best Western Chester
- Chester Best Western
- Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa Cheshire