Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
$77
$75
  • Breakfast included
1,325 results
All reviewsjoanne wilcoxcolonic hydrotherapymaster suitegirls nightmassive bathroomsteam roomchanging roomssuperior roomlight lunchmy partnerlovely hotelwalk in showercheshire oakslounge areawedding venueafternoon teaevening meal
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My friend and I had a two night stay and spa package and we had a brilliant time at Crabwall Manor. Our room was lovely, really nicely decorated and with a huge bathroom. The beds were super comfy and it was lovely to stay in a room large enough for a sofa and chair so we could spend time in there and relax.
The spa itself was good with a nice pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna along with a gym, lounge and of course the treatment rooms. Included in our package was a 55 min treatment, for which we'd picked a massage when booking. When we arrived however we were given the option to split the treatment and have a back massage plus a facial which was a fantastic suggestion and we were so pleased it was offered, particularly as they were fully booked for the duration of our stay. The treatments were lovely, very relaxing and the therapists were excellent.
Throughout our stay we spent a considerable amount of time in the spa and although in general the facilities were very good - the changing rooms were clean and had everything you needed, the sauna and steam room were great - there were a couple of things that let it down. When we arrived we expected to either find robes in our room or to be able to collect some when we first arrived at the spa but instead we were told we could only have access to robes when we were having out treatment. This was a real shame as it would have been nice to have had a robe so that we could have sat in the spas lounge without having to get dressed again, or so that we could have walked to and from our rooms. Instead, in the evenings we had to get dressed to go back to our rooms to then get changed for dinner. Being able to sit in the lounge if we had robes would have been an extra bonus due to the lack of seating in the spa/pool area which had only 4 loungers and 4 chairs. At busy periods some people had nowhere to sit and had to put their towels on the floor while they used the facilities.
Our package also included our breakfast and evening meals and the food was delicious. The staff were great too, really helpful and looked after all our needs. It's worth a trip for the sticky toffee pudding alone!
Overall, we had a great experience and I would definitely go back. The friendly atmosphere and helpful staff made us feel very welcome and it wouldn't take very much work at all to iron out the little niggles we had with the spa.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your break and that you were well looked after. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just returned from a 1 night spa break with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary. First impressions where ok but i wasn't 'wowed' and there was building work going on although this did not disturb us but would have liked to have been informed about this when we booked.
The spa was lovely and we had a lovely massage. Spent most of our day in the pool and gym. Meals included in the spa break where of very good quality although we both ordered the cod, only to be told there was only 1 left, so my husband then had to choose something else. He chose steak with a side order of vegetables, which only arrived after he had eaten half of his meal.
The staff where all lovely, very pleasant and helpful.
The room was very nice and decorated beautifully, but was let down with the bathroom. The shower screen did nothing and water ran down on to the floor and no bath mat was supplied and the bath was very slippy. I found this out when getting out of the shower, i slipped and fell causing me to bang my leg on the side of the bath leaving me with a huge bruise and in a lot of pain. Because of this was i unable to use the gym or the swimming pool the following morning. On check out i mentioned this to the receptionist but she wasn't overly concerned and just passed me the bill!
Overall we had a good relaxing stay but was let down by a few things as previously mentioned.

1  Thank dawn f

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us,
Im pleased to hear you made use of our good location & our rooms clean & spacious. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crabwall Manor Hotel in the future,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Booked a deluxe double room with this hotel - what caught my eye on laterooms.com was the fact the hotel had undergone a 2.5 million pound refurbishment & the pictures showed such lovely rooms and decor. This room was advertised at £109 for the 1 Saturday night. This was a room only rate, so I added breakfast at an additional £20, then I asked for little extras like rose petals, chocolates etc - all in all £145.50 for Bed &Breakfast plus the extras. Great value for money.

Prior to arrival, Damon the reception manager was very informative and friendly - giving lots of information that we required. Upon arrival he was friendly, professional and polite too.

Our room wasnt quite ready when we arrived so we headed into Chester for abit of shopping & to visit the cathedral.

Once we checked in and entered our room - we was amazed at the space, layout and the decor was so impressive we was blown away. You could tell that it were a refurbished room and we couldnt of asked for anything better. The bathroom was spacious and clean, with both shower & bath - however the water never did get hot - was always "Luke" warm, which was quite dissappointing.

For evening meal we headed out to Chester again. My main gripe comes with the night team at this hotel. Around 10.30pm my partner who is asthmatic, began to smell cigarette smoke coming from the room below and thro our window and it was open due to the room being quite warm. When we figured out where the smoke was coming from we immediately contacted the reception desk, and this went on for a further 2 hours - but nobody would pick up our calls. This caused major frustration.

The smoke at this stage had got into our room and was lying heavily on my partners chest making it very hard for him to breathe. Again, I called reception wanting to move rooms - but to no avail. I simply did not go down to reception to report this, as it was an inconvenience and nobody was answering anyway.

Throughout the night I had to stay awake to look after my partner, who at this stage was coughing, wheezing and finiding it difficult to sleep - in all we must of had 2 hours sleep all night.

At breakfast time, we was soo tired that we really did not enjoy our breakfast.

On checkout I mentioned our issues, and to be fair Damon did say he would look into the matter - he did apologise, but no compensation was offered as £109 cdoes not warrant 2 hours sleep.

I have since emailed the general manager and I have been offered a basic "Complimentary breakfast on our next visit & a free upgrade" subject to availability. I feel this is not acceptable as now I have lost my faith within this hotel - due to the lack of support and understanding and the fact we was unable to contact anybody throughout the night.

In summary - lovely room with the hotel being in lovely gardens, however it seems more staff or at least staff to be able to answer calls throughout the night should be able.

3  Thank Scott_Manc

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in Chester

I was pleased to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay with us, Your comments about the team will certainly be passed over!

It was a shame to hear you experienced problems during the stay, But i have passed over your feedback to our Front Office Manager who will hopefully identify any problems.

Looking forward welcoming you back soon

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for one night and was really impressed. The rooms were gorgeous huge bedroom and bathroom! Very clean and beautifully furnished in very modern decor. Would definatly stay again and recommend! Breakfast in the morning was lovely and staff are very helpful. Only issue was the ambiance in the bar area possibly music/sports installed. Fantastic hotel and spa facilities - book any treatments early. Will be returning

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us in Chester.

What a lovely review! I will make sure I pass over the comments about the team & im pleased to hear you enjoyed our fantastic location

We hope to welcome you back to the Crabwall Manor in Chester, where you will enjoy a fantastic new look bar & restaurant, Reception & main entrance.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked here for our anniversary, to be close to Chester. (By the way just £6 in a taxi)
Well first of all, the room was absolutely amazing, very spacious, huge comfortable bed, brand new bathroom fittings, very impressive.
We used the pool, sauna and steam room in rotation a number of times, and loved the relaxing atmosphere, after a windy rainy day shopping in the town centre
After checking the menu, we decided to eat at the hotel. I can't give full marks for the food, the goats cheese wasn't the best, however everything else was tasty, and the staff were polite and attentive.
For breakfast I think the staff were a bit rushed by the number of people, as there was some confusion with orders. Again, a minor point and gave us a couple of amusing moments.
Overall, we will be returning, and recommend it

Room Tip: Room 7 was impressive, well positioned between the reception and restaurant
2  Thank andyleonard41

Thank you for your lovely review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us particularly your dinning experience. We hope to see you again soon