“Romantic stay”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I used to live on the Wirral and have known of the Crabwall Manor for many years but have never stayed there. We came for a short break on January 16th for two nights, dinner bed and breakfast one night, just bed and breakfast the second night.
The room we were shown to was excellent, possibly the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in and very well refurbished and furnished. A very nice en-suite spoiled only by the rather weak shower. We were quite late arriving but were shown to the restaurant where we enjoyed an excellent meal. Not the best I've ever had but well prepared and presented 'real' food not 'boil-in-a-bag' rubbish from a big supplier. The breakfasts on both days were excellent and the hotel staff were at all times courteous and attentive, couldn't fault any of them.
Some of the public areas of the hotel could do with refurbishing but I guess this is part of their ongoing programme, the 70's decor in the restaurant did not spoil our meal but did bring a smile to our faces.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard W
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the food and staff were to your satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back and in the future.

There are newer reviews for Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed there for a couple of days to visit the zoo, the hotel was close to the zoo, The hotel was very good condition and spotless clean, our room was big with both bath and shower every thing about the room was excellent. The food was also very good, the staff could not do enough for us as my wife has a disability of getting up stairs we were given a ground floor room without any problems, the view's over the garden were good and the spa was excellent as I can recommend having used it. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends.

Room Tip: Idea for the city of Chester and the zoo
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Terry M
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Terry M;

Thank you for this fantastic review.
I am delighted that you had a great time at Crabwall Manor.
Looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I visited this lovely place, I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere. I could not knock the service I was served by a friendly waitress called Jenny who was very helpful, on a query about my meal. The food was really nice and well presented. Would strongly recommend going here again.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Chadwilliams77

Dear Chadwilliams77;

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review.
On behalf of the hotel and it staff I would like to thank you.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely hotel.

Outside it is beautiful, inside it is beautiful.

Our room (26) ground floor was recently refurbished and was so lovely. A big bath tub, and separate shower with the biggest bed in the world!!!

I loved it and felt like a princess!

The hotel is undergoing a massive refurb and so far the rooms and the spa are has been completed, and if I'm honest we only used these areas as we opted to not have breakfast as it was a little pricey.

Large free car park, taxi to chester only £6.

We will be back!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Truthonlythanks

Dear Truthonlythanks;

Many thanks for your kind words and fantastic feedback.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities.
Looking forward welcoming you back soon

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

A couple of small finishing touches here and there and this place would be fantastic! This place needs a handyman to go around and fix a few broken floor tiles, mend some carpet rails, a lick of paint in places and replace a few light bulbs. Overall it feels like the hotel decor was just done and not designed or thought through properly. It's trying to make it look authentic and old world, but the new materials they've used and the jarring decor just look fake, cheap and tacky! The room was spacious and comfortable but, a better duvet is needed, the lighting needs sorting (either all the lights/lamps need to be on or none at all!), and there was no welcome pack/hotel info (or a bible!)... But the staff we're very friendly and helpful (although the barman could do with a bit of training on how to pour a pint!). The spa was great, a well equipped gym, the pool, sauna, steam and jacuzzi we're excellent and the spa treatments were value for money (a robe and slippers should be available to all guests though not just for pamper days)... Overall a good stay, but we'd try a different hotel for a more authentic 'manor hotel'...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatientV

Dear PatientV;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I also would like to thank you for your positive comments.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to my spa day, a gift from my husband. I'd already visited Rowton Hall in Chester in Dec so, I was expecting it to be as good if not better. Unfortunately, how wrong I was! I arrived on time and told by a member of staff(not at all friendly) where the changing rooms were as I filled in a health questionnaire. I didn't get to change there as I was ushered straight away into the treatment room instead (don't know why). The same member of staff started with a back massage with freezing cold hands, what a shock to the system ( I did tell her at the time but she didn't apologise) I could feel her nails as she went down my lower back. Not a good start. The facial was better but I nearly jumped out of my skin when the fire alarm test went of without any warning - it was so loud. A good idea would be to hear a warning like in the supermarkets. No glass of water or a relaxing lounger with music and fruit I was given in Rowton Hall. I was told to get dressed and go to the reception. Like the previous reviewer, I stood a while waiting at the reception to be shown to the locker room. I waited and waited eventually the same person directed me. In my locker was a tatty white robe but no slippers! again, Rowton gave slippers in a sealed wrapper and a lovely fresh smelling robe 5*. Unfortunately, the fire alarm effected the boiler from working so no hot water for at least 3/4 of an hour. No explanation from the staff, the two people working there seemed too busy serving drinks/food, so obviously very short staffed. I complained quietly and was given a free lunch (choice off the lunchtime menu) food ok, cold coffee! Id given uo by then and decided to leave and sorry, won't return ever!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Julie2459

Dear Julie2459;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is always taken very seriously.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise if on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here with a group of friends for a birthday weekend (two nights), my friend selected this hotel and personally I had never heard of this place beforehand, however I am not sure why as personally I thought it was excellent.
Check - in was very quick and my ground floor room was surprisingly large, with a fantastic (and again large) bathroom.
We used the pool and sauna / steam room facilities every day we were there and again, these were excellent. The pool was nice and warm and the design of the pool area is Roman style and was very relaxing.
I never used the gym however my friends did and they commented that the facilities available were excellent.
We met up in the bar area in the evening before heading into Chester for a drink, however a point of note is that the bar prices are quite expensive (a pint of beer and a shot of gin was £7.75), now you would never expect hotel bars to be well priced against a town centre however that was a bit of a surprise.
One nice surprise however was that a taxi into the centre of Chester cost only £6 (even late at night), I have stayed at a hotel in York approximately the same distance from the town centre and a taxi there was £14! The hotel is just a few miles from the city centre which means it is nice and quiet at night.
I did not eat in the restaurant or the breakfast so I am unable to comment on the food quality.
Overall I was very impressed with this hotel and will be back in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Duststorm;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. What a fantastic review! I'm pleased to hear that your stay went well.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crabwall Manor Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!