“Could be 5 star!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Could be 5 star!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed here last night with a late booking, which we paid to upgrade to a Junior Suite.
Entrance is charming, beautiful old manor house style with a fabulous exterior and setting, quiet and romantic but very handy for Chester (5mins in car) Liverpool (20 mins in car).
Pleasant check in, rather quirky in a side room with a desk, but I like quirky.
Main hall with seating and lovely log fire but lacking some much needed Xmas atmosphere, as was the restaurant area when we looked in, and again at breakfast.....some nice background music is definitely a must, but the breakfast was lovely and freshly plated and not conveyor belt buffet like so many bigger chain hotels.
The room was room 5 Suite, must have been recently refurbished I assumed as it was immaculate. First impressions were excellent for the price we paid for the night, it was excellent. Lovely private dining/lounge with table, chairs and a sofa with a flat screen TV. Bedroom was huge with a fabulous big king bed, and the bathroom superb, big deep bath, open wet room style free fall shower and lovely low level LED lights across the floor, charming.
Only 'missing' things from a 5 star rate for me was silly small things like gentle music to add atmosphere around the hotel......it's Xmas weekend! the 'room 4&5 this way' signs on the doors were in paper (put that down to waiting for them if it has been a recent refit). No dressing table with mirror in the suite so not ideal for a lady.
Poor water pressure in the shower, but hot (despite other reviews)
Only Bad point, I called for room service, took about 3 attempts before I was answered, then I got 'ring u back in 5 minutes I'm busy checking people in' in itself not a problem, but 20 minutes later I got fed up waiting and strolled down to reception with my room service order written on a piece of paper and handed it across. The room service food was excellent so take nothing away from that, the hard bit was excellent but the easy bit (taking my order) is not quite good enough.
Overall, excellent really and I would use again for the price, but if Crabwall Manor upped their game a little more in small simple enough areas the place would be outstanding and would have been full on Xmas weekend, instead of half empty.
Yes we would certainly return.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, it was beautiful
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely stay. The room was done to a fantastic standard and it was very spacious. We also had a great meal in the restaurant, and a nice cocktail in the bar with very good service.

Just a few negatives:

There was builders in the swimming pool changing rooms who was intrusive and made a mess all over the floor.

The room was hard to find due to doors with no signs on them.

In the morning we had no hot water. This was apparently due to a maintenance issue with the boiler and it was highly inconvenient with no compensation.

My other half found the bed too hard and struggled to sleep.

Overall this hotel was a bargain for £75BB but we would like a hot shower next time!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Matthew C
West Yorkshire
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The reception, spa & breakfast staff were so helpful. As was Kasia in reservations, when I booked this hotel - thank you Kasia!
The rooms have just been refurbished, they are really lovely!
So are the bathrooms, & huge too.
Lovely big beds & quiet surroundings. This hotel exceeded my expectations.

The pool & jacuzzi were fab as well.

Negatives: there aren't many!
However, getting in & out of the bath is one of them. After showering or bathing I found it quite hard to get out, as the side is quite high (at 5' 7" I am not particularly short either).

Having a baby with us, a fridge would have been appreciated for baby milk/food but we managed so it was not a big deal.

A safe would also be appreciated.

The only other thing was that we ran a bath & the water was just warm, I'd have liked it a bit hotter. Over the Fri-Sun we were there, it didn't get beyond warm. Again not a huge deal.

If I could change one thing it'd be the bar area. It is small & some comfy sofas would be nice in there. It's not the kind of bar you could sit in for anything other than 1 or 2 drinks. Somewhere other than the room to relax in I think is important.

However, please don't let these points put you off, I'd definitely recommend this place & love to go back.
We asked if we could have an extended check out & they said we could check out at 12 noon rather than 11am at no extra cost. Very impressed. You really do feel the staff want to do what they can to help!!!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank c1airebear
Hawarden, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked myself and my mother in for an evening meal at the restaurant, we got excellent service all night and the standard of food was excellent!! i was extremely pleased that a member of staff called holly was very helpful when we asked for more drinks she immediately took our order and then repeatedly kept checking up on us to see if we were alright! this made our experience so enjoyable, and we will be returning soon!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank michelle w
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed in the Wonderful Room 36 - Senior Suite and had a wonderful time. All the Staff are so friendly & helpful from the minute you arrive till the second you depart, I can't wait to return.

The Hotel is the process of a Major Refurbishment with the bedroom having been completed to a very high standard. The food in the Restaurant was faultless as was the Service.

Folks, if you're looking for Style, Quality, Wonderful Service with amazing facilities in and around Chester, mark down Crabwall Manor & Spa on your Short-List as a Serious Contender.

Room Tip: Room 36 is a Senior Suite with Separate Double-Shower Room as well as a Double Bath!!!! It boasts a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lisamb38
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel with friends. Its a lovely hotel staff were lovely and helpfull. The rooms have recently being decorated to a very high standard and were lovely. We ate at the hotel on our first night and the food was lovely. Breakfast was as you would expect although the staff were very accommodating. One of my friends asked for a chilli omelette and they managed it for her. The spa was closed for refurbishment which was a shame. The hotel was lovely and would stay again. The only negative was that some communal areas such as the restaurant really need a bit of work as they are looking tatty.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denisestravels
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to crabwall on the 24th November for a night and were very impressed

Amazing building with picturesque surroundings , the rooms were nicely furnished very clean and very spacious

Staff were very friendly and welcoming and food very nice don't have a bad word to say about the place definitely going to visit again

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chris a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
The Mill Hotel
#12 of 44 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,312 reviews
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!