Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
$58
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
1,308 results
All reviewsjoanne wilcoxcolonic hydrotherapymaster suitegirls nightmassive bathroomsteam roomchanging roomssuperior roomlight lunchmy partnerlovely hotelwalk in showercheshire oakslounge areawedding venueafternoon teaevening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have visited many ‘4 star’ rated Spa's but no experience compares to that received at the Crabwall Manor & Spa. As soon as you walk through the door, you are attended to by exceptionally friendly employees. The masseuse, Joanne was very welcoming and knowledgeable in the services she offered. She explained the entire process thoroughly, knew exactly what I wanted from the treatment and provided an all round extraordinary service. I got my money’s worth and more and I will not think twice to travel 30mins out of my way when I am in need of a relaxing and enjoyable spa break .

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Sheila A
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Sheila A;

First of all I would like to thank you for your fantastic review.
Crabwall Manor Spa is a very well known for its quality; Joanne is a great asset to the hotel and we do not know what we would do without her!
On behalf of the hotel I would like once more to thank you.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Managed to get a great deal on the room price but if I'd paid the full price I may have been less happy with the room. The room was huge with two lovely comfy beds, a nice table & chairs and a huge bathroom, however the room & bathroom were in need of some updating, some of the tiles in the bathroom were cracked as was one of the sinks, and the bath had no plug. The bedroom was nicely decorated but again looked in need of some updating.
The rest of the hotel was also showing signs in places of needing an update, however there were workmen on site as we stayed (but caused no issues regarding our stay) so it looks like work is in progress.
All the staff we met were really friendly & helpful. The food was of a good quality and perfectly served for both breakfast & the evening meal.
The hotel is easy to reach from the motorway an a short drive into Chester City so makes a good base to visit the city, and is only about 10 minutes from the zoo.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Holsoholic
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Holsoholic;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Crabwall Manor is a property with a rich history and since our take over in April 2012 we have been working really hard so as to bring it back to its actual standing.
We have now started our £1.000.000 refurbishment and I am very much looking forward welcoming you back once this is done.

Kindly yours

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We have throughly enjoyed our 2 night break at Crabwall Manor and Spa. The Manor is very impressive from the outside and set in lovely grounds. We had been warned that the hotel was about to under go a massive refurbishment, so the tired decor of the the room was no suprise, it was however warm, very spacious and clean. The staff made our stay as they were warm friendly and extremely helpful. The spa and gym facilities were excellent and convienient.
We dined in the resturant on our first evening with our friends, the menu offered a wide selection of chioces, the service and food were excellent.
The situation of the hotel in relation to visiting Chester and Cheshire Oakes was very convienient just a short drive or taxi journey to either. We look forward to staying at Crabwall Manor again soon.

Room Tip: The rooms are being refurbished in the near future so check if you can have one that has been refurbished - don't think this will be until early 2013. But don't be put off as the enourmous room are clean and well equipped any way.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Emma P;

On behalf of the hotel and its staff I would like to thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel. We have since our take over (april 2012) worked really hard so as to improve the hotel and service. It is always a delight to see that it is appreciated.
On behalf of all the staff at Crabwall Manor I would like to thank you.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back once our refurbishment is completed.
Kindly yours

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We have just returned from a 2 night break at Crabwall and were pleasantly surprised with our stay after reading quite a few negative reports on trip advisor . From the outside the manor is set in gorgeous countryside and the buildings look impressive. We were given our key by pleasant reception staff to room 26 , the room as other guests had said about the decor in this hotel was a little tired and dated but this I felt was not a big issue, all part of the charicter and all was clean. The room was massive with a big double bed, settee ,single bed, table and 2 chairs and 2 dressing tables. The bathroom was also big, twin sinks, bath and a powerful shower. Our biggest issue with the room was the standard of pillows, very lightweight and thin. On our first afternoon we spent a couple of hours in the spa area which was fantastic, all very modern the heated pool, the sauna, the jacuzzi , steam room and gym. They also offer a full range of treatments. The staff in there were very pleasant and there is no need to take a towel as they are provided as are free lockers.That evening we had a meal at the restaurant, the food was excellent along with the service, our waitress was a young girl who served us enthusiastically with a smile. The breakfast was the same, very good and tasted fresh, from the Danishes to the cooked items. Overall we would definitely recommend and return to his hotel. Yes it is a bit dated but there is currently a big refurb happening but I hope this does not take away from the character. As i have previously said, there are plenty of bad reports on here for this hotel for things like poor decor or spiders in the room, god knows how you stop spiders coming in??? But look beyond these very small issues and you will have a great stay.Oh and I would be interested to know if this hotel is haunted as something very weird happened in our room (26) that had spooked us, truthfully!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear 187053Pete666;

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken seriously.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us.
I am very much looking forward welocming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have visited the spa at Crabwell Manor a couple times for treatments with Joanne Wilcox, my experience their was fantastic Joanne is a lovely woman, she makes you feel so relaxed an welcome, looking forward to future treatments an maybe an overnight stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Angela118

Dear Angela118;

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding Joanne.
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Crabwall Manor and at its Spa.
I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.