“Fantastic wedding day 7th September 2012” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Willaston, null, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding day 7th September 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having looked around at many venues for our big day we chose Crabwall Manor for its charachter, lovely gardens and having eaten there, good food. Had a fabulous day - a comment echoed by all our family and friends attending. Loved the fact that we had the disco in the conservatory but still had the other reception rooms in that side of the hotel to ourselvces for everyone to spill out into as they pleased. Great for photo opportunities too if the weather wasn't good....thanksfully we didn;t need them! Slightly concerned about some of the reviews we read about the rooms but having had a look around at 4 or 5 rooms, found the reports unfounded, and the rooms and bathrooms were lovely and big - obviously it is a charachterful hotel which may mean an odd cracked tile but that's what you may get if you pick it above some modern uncharachterful hotels. Glad to have Emma looking after us to ensure the day ran smoothly - she seems to be there 24/7 and is tenacious in her approach to ensure you have the best day ever and everything on the day was simply perfect - from the weather allowing us to have prosecco on the lawn whilst the photo's were taken, to the meal and party afterwards - just all superb!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Darren J.;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.
Crabwall manor is an old country house and we aim to give a relaxing experience. Weddings are an opportunity to share a very happy day. I am glad you fully enjoyed your day and the hotel.
Emma (Or Mrs Wedding as she is known…) is a great asset and I would like to thank you for mentioning her in your review. We are very proud of our staff and their dedication to customer care.
On behalf of the hotel and Emma I would like to thank you for your kind words.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I first experienced Crabwall Manor in April 2012 when I purchased a bargain Groupon voucher for a treatment with Joanne Willcox - what a wonderful experience it was, so much so I go back and treat myself once a month!
Joanne is such a lovely, warm person and takes extra care to make you feel relaxed and tends to your every needs, as do the reception staff at the spa. Following treatments with Joanne, I always use the spa facilities - having a swim, using the jacuzzi, sauna & steam room. If I don't have time to do this, then it's just nice to sit and relax on the large sofas in reception, having a herbal tea or a cup of coffee, watching the world go by, and also having a view of the pool.

There are a couple of issues which could be sorted out, such as the showers in the changing area being updated and also I noticed today that the shower at the poolside wasn't working, but other than that I really look forward to my monthly trip from Wales to Crabwall Manor to see the wonderfully, bubbly Joanne Willcox and relax in the spa area. I am an avid and regular spa user, and although there are some that offer more varied and purpose-built areas, such as at the Lion Quays near Oswestry or the MacDonald chain of spa hotels in Cheshire & Manchester, the warm, friendliness of Joanne keeps me going back time and time again! Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear TillyNorthWales;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.
Joanne is a great character and her treatments are always first class.
On behalf of the hotel and Joanne I would like to thank you for your kindness.
Skipton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed at the Crabwall Manor for 3 nights and found the staff to be pleasing and helpful when required. Enjoyed the access to the swimming pool and spa areas, nice and quite and easy to enjoy and spend hours by the pool.
The hotel is a little old itself but the grounds as very nice and easy to walk, its a little bit of a classic place and a real treat for anyone coming from aboard as it has old character with a great history.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindsey W;

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
On behalf of the hotel and its staff I would like to thank you for your kindness.
Wigan, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

On the 13th September 2012 I purchased an overnight stay and spa for myself and my daughter through the Spa and Hotel Breaks website. It cost £238 in total and on receipt of my confirmation e-mail that same evening, I followed their instructions to complete my purchase. The hotel and spa at Crabwall Manor in Chester had also been copied into my e-mail from Mark at Spa & Hotel breaks.
As instructed, I rang the hotel that same evening and booked a twin room for the following Thursday (today - 20th Sept)as the receptionist didnt ask about the treatements we wanted to book (and the instructions said they needed to be booked as far in advance as possible) I asked her if she wanted me to give her the details of the treatments we required. NOWHERE in my instructions did it say I had to contact the Spa separatley, and neither did the receptionist advise me to do this. She took the details of our requested treatments and as far as I was concerned the transaction was complete.
By chance this morning I rang the hotel prior to leaving home. It took 3 attempts to get anyone to pick up the telephone and when they did answer I quckly realised there was a problem. The receptionist asked if she could ring me back in 5 minutes and I said yes. More than 20 minutes later I rang the hotel as no-one had rung me back. Surprise surprise - the receptionst said she was 'just about to ring me back'. not heard THAT before! Only to tell me they could find no confirmation e-mail (not my problem) and no bookings for spa treatments (again not my problem), She said she would ask the Manager to ring me when he arrived. Quite what for I don't know.
In the meantime I rang Mark Waterfall at Spa and Hotel Breaks to advise him of the situation. He was quite abrupt, said he would contact the hotel and get back to me, which he did. He told me a room had been booked but that our treatmnts would have to be taken on Friday morning from 10am onwards, which wasn't convenient. If we decided not to go to the hotel we would get a refund less 15% for the Spa treatments. I asked if I could ring him back as I needed time to think and was told quite bruskly it would have to be before 12 noon (15 minutes). I rang back before the deadline and told him I wanted a refund and asked him to explain why I couldn't have the full refund, to which he replied because the treatments had been offered. I explained that tomorrow was not convenient for me,I had followed ALL the instructions I had been given, and I was not happy that I wasn't being offered the full refund. As I was talking on the phone I noticed it had gone very quiet and realised he had put the phone down on me!
Won't be using this company or hotel again. i await my refund.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MrsAnnieG
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear MrsAnnieG;
First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am sadden to read your comments and feel that I should remind you that reviews left on this site are to be as truthful as possible. The description you left lacks honesty and as such is very disappointing.
Your booking was made on the 13 and you did indeed contact us to confirm your bedroom; at no point did you mention that spa treatments were part of your booking.
I had a look into the email sent to you by Spa and Hotel Breaks and it clearly states (First line on your booking reservation; in large capital letters) that you need to contact the hotel as soon as possible so as to reserve your bedroom and also book your spa treatments.
Your failure to do so resulted in us being unable to book your treatments on your arrival day. We did offer you alternative on the following day at a time of your choice.
As you clearly forgot the reason you did call us in the morning of your arrival was so as to book your treatments on that same afternoon (unlike your comments suggest).
The decision made by Spa and Hotel Breaks is personal to them and is not a decision made by the hotel. My reception staff and I have contacted you on various occasions so as to try to help you resolve the issue caused by you not following your normal booking process.
I am unable to judge or comment on how Spa and Hotel Breaks as dealt with your booking and following phone calls; but I can comment on how Crabwall Manor did handle your booking and can honestly state that we did our best to help you and meet your needs.
Crabwall Manor has been under new management for the last 5 months and during this period we did work really hard on our customer skills and customer satisfaction. We are very proud of our employees and as most reviews on this site clearly do show we try as much as possible to meet our guest’s expectations and needs.
I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet yours. I have already contacted you personally; please feel free to contact me at any time if you feel I can be of any assistance.
Looking forward welcoming you back in a near future.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have just returned from enjoying a spa day with my Mum at Crabwall Manor. All members of staff were lovely and attentive but Joanne Willcox was especially lovely, our treatments were incredibly relaxing, and I found the 'cupping treatment' cured my aching back. She really went above and beyond to ensure we had a lovely day and was just a really nice, genuine lady. Whilst we were there we also enjoyed the use of the great pool and steam room, and also had the afternoon tea for lunch with a glass of champagne (which was also recommended by Joanne) and was laden with lots of sandwiches and delicious cakes. Overall, we both had a lovely day, and a huge thank you to Joanne for being so lovely! The Crabwall Manor are lucky to have her! xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy T
Dear Amy T;

Thank you so much for your feedback.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time while in the hands of Joanne.
I also would like to thank you for your kinds words about the quality of the food and the service your recieved.
The Spa at Crabwall Manor is a well known location within the area and positive comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Joanne and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Southport, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Recently, I visited the Spa at Crabwall Manor of which I have been to numerous times for regular beauty therapy treatments by Joanne Wilcox. I was recommended to Joanne by a friend who had nothing but positive feedback to give about their experience. I too received an excellent treatment by Joanne who goes out of her way to make you feel very welcome and comfortable. Joanne offers a great range of treatments and products and is thoroughly professional at all times. What is great about Joanne is that she has a genuine concern for your health and well being and how she can help you. Overall, I would absolutely recommend Joanne Wilcox at Crabwall Manor. 10/10. Very happy client :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Amy C;

Fisrt of all I would like to thank you for your kind words.
Joanne is an asset to our hotel and it is always a delight to hear that people enjoyed their time at the Crabwall Manor.
On behalf of Joanne and the hotel I would like to take this opportunity to thank you.
Looking forward welcoming you back soon.
Kindly yours.
Connahs Quay, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Two freinds ov mine recently had there wedding reception here.a brilliant day and night was had by all.a good job well done 2 events manager emma and her team.couldnt fault them 1 biteven though the beds were a bit uncomfy.would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louis M, General Manager at Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Scottalbinovodkas;
Feedback is a vital part of our business and as such is taken very seriously.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the wedding you attended went well.
I would like to thank you for your kind comments; these are very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Abode Chester
Abode Chester
#18 of 45 in Chester
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,967 reviews

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!