“Not perfect but for the price definitely worth it!”

Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mollington
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as we were visiting the races. Initially there was a mix up with the rooms - we had booked a twin but given a double. Spoke to reception who moved us within 10 minutes which was great. Yes rooms were dated and they did smell of old people but they were huge and very comfortable. We ordered sandwiches at the bar and a lovely gentleman brought them up to our room - the only draw back being it took 40 minutes - but I suppose average room service is 30 minutes anyway! Breakfast was a bit rubbish - very limited hot selection, however for £60 for the night including breakfast - I can't say I was too disappointed! Have spent a lot more and had a much poorer experience so all in all crabwall did ok!!

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Angelcarla;

I would like to thank you for your kind words; I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found the property to your liking.
Crabwall Manor pride itself on the quality of its service and your comments are highly appreciated.
We are reviewing the Bfast offer and hopefully by your next visit you will see a big difference.
Very much looking forward welcoming you back in a near future.
Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,275)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel looks lovely from the outside and is ok inside. Our room was big, but in desperate need of restoration. Paint was peeling off the windowsill and radiators and the wallpaper was hanging off the wall. There was no soap or toilettries. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was nice. Although I don't think it was worth £6.50!!! Snooker table is a waste of time! I wouldn't stay here again as I don't think I got value for my money.

Dear s0neil;

First of all I would like to thank you for your review.
Feedback is vital to us and as such is taken very seriously.
I am sorry that on this occasion we were unable to meet your expectations.
I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I booked through a "best price comparison" website as a surprise for my hubby's birthday & had a great price. It looked fab on the website & facilities sounded great but after reading the reviews we were very apprehensive about what to expect. We needn't have worried. Yes, the carpets & decor do need updating but this certainly didn't spoil our experience. Our room was huge (I would have said it was more a suite!!) & very comfortable. It was not spotlessly clean but certainly wasn't dirty (& yes, I am fussy!). I would agree with the other review that everything was there except soap. However, as toiletries were provided we just used a little of the shower gel so no problem. The staff were lovely & very helpful. Breakfast was ok with choice of english cooked, cereal or toast. Unfortunately we didn't have time to use the spa or pool but wish we had arrived early enough to as they looked great. We will make sure we have time next time, as we will definitely return!!

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Jayne30900

Thank you so much for your review.
I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed your stay.
On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you; we are very much looking forward welcoming you agian very soon.

Kindly yours.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed at this hotel fo 2 nights.,realy nice place and location,looks almost like a castle.We had a lovely very large room with everything we needed except soap ! breakfasts where fine and evening meals good .There is an excellant gym and lovely pool , Will stay again.

2  Thank ronSolihull

Dear ronSolihull;

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Your kind words are appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very much looking forward welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place is probably not what it used to be and is probably victim of these unusual economic times we live in - faded grandeur sums it up. The big plus is cost - I booked 2 rooms on Otel.com for £95 (ie. £47.50 each room B&B) and we got spacious accommodations. Wifi is free but was a little variable in terms of reception and did not support my VPN connection. It seems many of the function spaces (main restaurant and bar) are closed at the moment - I assume because they are large spaces that dont merit their upkeep - as we had a drink in the small residents bar (a bit tatty) and had breakfast in a meeting room. The breakfast was not great but adequate - I noticed a large Japanese tourist group in the reception area on the previous evening and thought that they probably would have gone hungry that morning as the food wasnt that appetizing and variety poor. We had dinner in the nearby Greyhound pub which was very good.

Anyway a good sleep in a comfortable room was had - hopefully this place will be restored to its former glory but in the meantime dont expect 4* for 2* prices.

Room Tip: Room 11 was spacious with a double and single bed plus small table and arm chairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JMHGlobetrotter

Dear JMHGlobetrotter;

First of all I would like to thank you for your review; feedback is vital and such is taken very seriously.
Crabwall Manor is a old fashion country house and as such some of the fitting might appear tired.
We are in the process of having our refurbishment plan approved; and hopefully by the time you visit us again you will enjoy your stay even more.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Well. I don't know where to begin!
We arrived at Crabwall Manor and it looks so lovely from the outside - we went straight to the spa as it wasn't quite check-in time and booked our treatments. The spa was lovely and the treatments were very good. However, as we were sitting in the waiting area we could feel the tension in the atmosphere, there were pepole coming in and out doing nothing but complaining which put a dampener on our mood! Our package included a light lunch and that's when the problems began. There were a few of us who had arrived earlier than the rest so they ordered their lunch first. We were told that there would be a delay as they had to run out and get tuna. Ok! That was fine but when lunch was served the order was wrong - we had asked for brown bread and received white.
When it came to the second lot of us ordering we were told lunch would be at 2 but it arrived an hour late! An hour's wait for a couple of sandwiches! And no cutlery.
We then went and checked in and climbed up to our rooms. The halls were dirty (not just marked but actually filthy) and the paint was peeling. The carpets are threadbare. Our room was a bit dated with regards to the decor (which is fine by me) but there were cobwebs in the corners of the room, dirt on the skirting and mould in the bathroom. It looked like the room hadn't been cleaned for a while.
We went down to dinner and oh dear, the menu was limited as it was (4 items to choose from for starters, mains and dessert) but we were repeatedly told (after ordering) that they were out of stock of such and such etc. Very disappointing. I don't think anyone received their first choice. Our poor waiter, he looked like he was having a terrible time but there was nothing that he could do really.
When we came down for breakfast in the morning we got lost as there is nothing that tells you where breakfast is. When we eventually got to the breakfast room they were missing so many things so we just ate what we could and basically left.
When we checked out we ended up speaking to the manager who explained the problems that the hotel had recently experienced. Apparently it had only opened again the day before and they thought it was too late to call people and cancel their bookings. I would rather it have been cancelled than have to experience what we did. It was my hen party and it's not something you can have again. People travelled from far to stay here with me and it was such a huge disappointment.
We were promised a complimentary stay for each person in the party (apparently letters would be sent out) but have since not received a thing.

I will say that the staff were lovely and did what they can but I understand the pressure they must have been facing having not been paid for months and having nothing but complaints thrown their way. The food that we did eat was ok. The spa was lovely.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank P_Ella_M
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear P_Ella_M

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review; feedback is vital and as such we do take it seriously.
Your stay did take place in mid April; the same week as the new management took responsability for the hotel.
Most of the issues that you have raised have since then been resolved and the ones that have not been resolved yet are in the process of being addressed; we also have now in place a refurbishment that will be starting very soon.
The housekeeping team has just finished their company standard training; the menu is now substancial and service has greatly been improved.
I am sorry that your stay did take place at such a bad time for the hotel and I am very much looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Kindly yours

Reviewed June 19, 2012

When we arrived we were amazed how gorgeous the outside of hotel was - very impressed!! Check in staff were very helpful and of smart appearance. Our room was huge!! Very impressed again. The bathroom was huge - probably the size of normal hotel rooms! We had read some reviews on the hotel and so had an idea of what to expect on the inside and yes if you were nit picking then there was a couple of stains on the furniture, mould around the shower and wall paper lifting in areas but everything worked and everything was clean. After dumping our cases we checked out the Spa and WOW is the only word that can be used. This made up for anything wrong in the room! Spent a couple of hours in the pool/sauna/steam room/jacuzzi just chilling out. In the morning the breakfast was really good. Food very tasty and staff very friendly and definitely set us up for the day ahead. We dont often say this about hotels we stay in but we will definitely be coming back to Crabwell Manor because we enjoyed ourselves that much - thank you

Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Louise G;

Thank you so much for your kind words.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
On behalf of the team I would like to thank you; it is a fantastic feeling to know that all the hard work put in the last few weeks is starting to pay off.
Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mollington
3 mi away
Crowne Plaza Chester
Crowne Plaza Chester
#13 of 45 in Chester
Hallmark Hotel The Queen, Chester

Been to Crabwall Manor Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!