“Fantastic artefacts viewed by us here.....right from the Roman period till date....amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corum Museum

Corum Museum
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Corum
Dubai, UAE
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Had a great time.....touching and feeling the stones used as Milestones during the Roman Empire's heyday...what a surreal experience to feel that, maybe Julius Caesar had sat on one of them?

Visited October 2013
1 Thank bobkaye

• Turkish first
Dothan, Alabama
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Good Museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff here was the most attentive of all the museums I have toured while in Turkey. It seems as though the museum has gone through a recent remodel, and the staff is very proud of it. There were hands on exhibits and some really neat story lines within the exhibit explanations. It worked well for my short attention span. If I were to do one thing differently, it would be to stop to eat lunch before touring the museum. It seemed that our empty stomachs rushed our exit.

If given the opportunity, I would go back to see it again. The museum was excellent.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 47Driver
Ankara, Turkey
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Could have had more holdings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Çorum is the capital of the ancient Hittite Civilization. Last week when I was in Çorum I wanted to visit the museum. The museum is located in a a wing of a historical former school building and the interior is newly renovated. At the entrance you see the burial animation of old times. Holdings are quite good but if you think you are at the capital of an ancient civilization that were historically neighbors to Egyptian kingdoms, I was expecting more displayed holdings. Still this museum is worth visiting to those who go to Alacahöyük and Bogazköy ancient sites. At the entrance there is a small museum shop. The staff was so friendly that I couldn't stop buying all my books and souvenirs from here.

Visited May 2013