Stayed at Marbela in Feb, 2013 in my first ever visit to Goa. Much like at any other place there were both pros and cons of staying here. I'll start with the downside first so that you know what you're getting into.
The location - approach road to Marbela isn't exactly the best and their will be puddles galore if you're here during the rains. Commute to and from the city/populated bit of North Goa is a little tricky. Ensure that you have booked your mode of travel either with the cab guys directly or with Marbela(tad expensive).
Staff courteousness - This is a little difficult to put into words. The staff is nice and pleasant to talk to but the resort itself probably scores a little low on hospitality.
Value for money - Not really. The luxury tents weren't exactly luxurious. Bathrooms had no shower curtains so one shower later you would have to call for housekeeping. The wardrobe is too tiny, only one bedside table, dimly light, no proper place to keep your luggage. The food in the restaurant is expensive if you compare it with the rest of Goa.
Now comes the good stuff
The beach - Aswem beach is a delight. Quiet, serene and beautiful! Marbela is right there on the beach and you just need to get in your beachwear and walk a few foot steps to be by the sea.,
The food - tastes more or less good.The buffet breakfast isn't the best in terms of variety but the food does taste nice
Ambiance - Marbela scores high on the over all ambiance.
Over all I'd say it was between Average to Good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marbela Beach is exclusive beachside Goan getaway located on Morjim beach, North Goa. Set in a spectacular, tranquil location on the beach and offering uninterrupted and breathtaking views of the Arabian Sea, Marbela Beach sets the mood for an unforgettable holiday. A relatively new boutique resort with a strictly limited number of guests, there is an emphasis on the individual, with the helpful, professional staff having the attitude that anything is possible, from sunset picnics, surf classes, boat rides, parties or just relaxing on the beach with a Marbela cocktail. Complete with a relaxing Spa and fantastic restaurant, there is an array of things to do, both in the resort and the Morjim/Ashwem area. Relax, rejuvenate and take in the warmth, beauty and paradise that the magical Goa has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Marbela Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marbela Beach Hotel Morjim
- Marbela Beach Resort Goa/Morjim