“Great breakfast experience”

Swedish Tarts
Ranked #3 of 10 Quick Bites in Semaphore
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a very popular patisserie managed by Swedish owners. A very busy restaurant near the beach that specialises in breakfast, brunch and lunches.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I don't live in the area but when I'm in Semaphore, I love to stop in here for Breakfast. The Buddha Bowls are my favourite and the staff are always friendly and very accommodating with additions to meals & coffees. Recently (Jan 2020) I booked a group and we all had a nice and inviting experience.
Keep up the good work, and I look forward to my next visit at Sweedish Tarts Semaphore.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (153)

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

I made it down for a late breakfast at Swedish Tarts at Semaphore this morning.
I do stop in here for coffee from time to time, which I’ve always enjoyed.
I was greeted at the counter this morning by a very friendly staff member who took my order straight away.
I ordered a “Smashed Avo”, to which I added Halloumi. I decided to skip the coffee today (as it was a 40°c summers day), and opted for an Apple Juice instead.
The bill came to $30.50, which seemed a bit rich at the time. I was given my number and I sat at a little table by the window.
My Apple juice came out straight away.
I was expecting a bottle of Apple juice , but was pleasantly surprised to receive a large glass, that was freshly juiced in-house.
My food came out shortly after, to which I was far less impressed with.
In all fairness to the kitchen, the food was presented very well, and it was clearly obvious the level of pride they put into their work. The flavours in this dish were really nice and well balanced & the (1) poached egg that came with the dish was cooked correctly.
My main beef with the this mornings experience was the serving size vs. my $30.50 bill.
Although the actual Smashed Avocado was delicious, it was barely enough for the 2x pieces of toast that came with the dish.
Also, 2x pieces of toast should equal 2x Poached eggs (not 1), surely..
The extra Halloumi I purchased was nice enough, but probably not worth the $5.00 I had to pay for it.
As a whole, I feel I really didn’t receive value for money at Swedish Tarts this morning. I left there unsatisfied, still hungry, and $30.50 out of pocket.
I’m starting to notice a similar trend of dissatisfaction with these franchise cafe chains. Maybe there’s a lesson there..

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

While in Semaphore we visited this cafe and wow how busy it was with people inside and and outside drinking their morning favourite brew. We settle for coffee and tarts which were very delicious. So if ya down this way definitely drop in and you won’t be disappointed.
Mark and Anne
Sydney Australia

Reviewed December 8, 2019 via mobile

Just dropped in this morning for a feed before I flew out of SA, saw that they had a mushroom and leek pie, I'm not a vego, but thought it sounded good, and it was, excellent, in every way a pie should be , no need for meat in this one, nor sauce, very yummy

Reviewed November 19, 2019 via mobile

Had an excellent avo smash here. The gluten free bread was beautiful, eggs perfectly poached and hit the spot. Great friendly service and good menu to choose from.

Date of visit: November 2019