“Good place to stay with nice food and a friendly staff”
Review of The Lochailort Inn

The Lochailort Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Lochailort B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here in early September 2012. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room we were given was very nicely presented and obviously recently decorated. Our evening meal was good and the bit of table service for desert and drinks was very much appreciated.

I have to point out that on our arrival from the Moidart direction we thought the place had gone bust. The frontage was so uninviting and the tacky hand written chalk boards all added to an impression of "run down". In fact inside the place is very inviting. So with a little thought as to tidying up the frontage with some new signs, a bit of decoration perhaps and some careful thought as to your visitors likely first impressions, then the Lochailort Inn would probably get an "excellent" from me. After spending all that time making the inside so good why let the outside down?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank 1978sprint

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had a meal here with a large group of 11, and every one of us had a fantastic meal. The starters, mains and desserts were all mouth-wateringly delicious and all steaks ordered were cooked to perfection- not easy when 6 different steaks are ordered!! Will definitely be back again. Compliment to the chef and the rest of the staff. Thank you for a wonderful meal.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank piperpro
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night on my way back to Fort William from the Isle of Skye over the jubilee weekend. The Inn had a really lovely atmosphere in a pub setting. The service was fantastic from word go - all of the staff were really friendly and helpful and seemed honestly keen to make everyone happy. The room was top notch and although there was no tv in my room, there was a great tv room with comfy chairs. The food deserves a review of its own! The chef personally delivered my main course which was a lovely touch and the local mackerel dish I had was to die for - the best mackerel I have ever tasted! I also had a wonderful breakfast which was the perfect way to start the day. I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Glyn E
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Doesn't look much from the outside, but a pleasant room and superb food.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Jane T
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had a lovely time staying at this hotel. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely. The food was outstanding especially my husbands Venison.

Thank you and we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suzanne W
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Our stay at the Lochailort inn was a very pleasant experience. The refurbished bedroom and bathroom were very clean and although there was no radio or TV wi fi was available and the residents lounge had TV.The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the food good.We will stay there again when back in the area.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank lbuc
Reviewed June 4, 2012

at this small hotel on 'The Road to The Isles'. Set in outstanding scenery this little gem provides everything you need in a relaxing base from which to explore the local attractions. We were given Room 1, a large and airy twin room with a large ensuite bathroom. The room was very comfortable and has obviously been recently refurbished. My husband was at first taken aback that there was no TV in the room (TV lounge downstairs), but there is free Wifi and we had our laptops so no problem (the shape of things to come, maybe?) The evening menu (served in the bar) was not extensive but had a reasonable range of locally produced food. Unfortunately I had hurt my back and lost my appetite so did not partake much but my husband was enthusiatic, especially about the venison burger. Breakfast is in the dining room and very relaxed. The cooked breakfast is up to the usual high Scots standard and there are also juice, cereals, fresh fruit and toast, so you won't go hungry. The coffee is real coffee, too, not the all-to-frequent wishy-washy excuse. The staff are all very pleasant and eager to help, and the management know how to treat their guests, too. One night we had to wait over an hour for our evening meal due to an unexpected influx of custom. It was a Monday evening and the lovely weather must have tempted people out. We were told the next morning that we would not be charged, although we had not complained. Similarly, when we checked out early because of my back we were not charged for the extra days although we had not given the required notice. So, despite my back, it was a truly enjoyable stay. Will we be back? Almost certainly - we've still a lot more to see round there.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are on the front (road side). Probably not usually a problem but it was so hot we...