“Awful !!! Stay away from here” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Driftwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Wheatfield B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Awful !!! Stay away from here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

This place was so bad!! We made a same day reservation, got there and our room had a terrible smell (I'm happy to see other reviewers with the same complaint). It was dirty and sleezy. We didn't even sit down for fear that we would catch something. What a hell hole.

We were there no more than 10 minutes. We went to tell them we were leaving and why and they went ahead and charged my credit card without my consent for $164.00. My credit card company is not going to pay them, but still, what a hassel and bad business practice.

BTW the pictures of this place do not look anything like the room we had. I seriously doubt the owners of this dump have any decent or habitable rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank kiteflyer4

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New London CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2010

Building looks nice from outside but thats all. Firstable, they have sign 30$ for a room. I paid 60$ (I booked with Orbitz). I tought you pay less if you book ahead. When we walked in the room we got, we vere like "O my God!". The smell was strange. The TV was like from 80's (How it still works?!). The towels were terrible worn off. I checked the bed and there was hair and stains on it. I went to ask for another room. It was no problem so I can give 100% for service. The second room was OK but still it was dust all over the place, dirty bathroom (we took showers with slippers on). Spiders nets on the ceiling, dust on the lamps and heater, old bathroom door (it wouldn't cost to much to repaint it!), the frige do not close completely. The only good think was that there was no single noise around so we got good sleep. On other hand we smelled cow manure outside. I stayed in cheap motels before and I couldn't complain, but this one schoul be for free.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Egle N
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

The rooms are not that good.. added to that towels & napkins are below standard. We were not able to open to door to start with.. Everything inside the room seems to be a makeshift arrangement.

Morning breakfast .. nothing much to say except the owner / manager keep watching you all the time. Please avoid this motel at any cost.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank krs1697
BUFFALO NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

me and my husband were very happy with the room at such a cheap price the name and the outside might throw you off but it was very clean quiet and the owners were very nice i would defenitly go there again hopefully soon :) not to mention the jacuzzi that was awsome

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SWEETC26
pittsbugh area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

rented a room for two nights on a visit to niagara falls. it was a jacuzzi suite that i thought was over priced to begin with but was booking online and didnt really know any better. upon pulling into the parking lot my first thought was "what did i get myself into" . the looks of the place is something you would expect to see in the ghetto. at this point i had already prepaid $210.00 a night plus $185.00 deposit for the jacuzzi room and had driven 4 hours and just wanted in a room. the room itself surprised me with the furnishings....they were really nice. however the room itself just had been hastily remodeled and lots of corners cut. remember we are talking $210 a nights not $40 where you might expect this. the comodities were scarce. no extra toilet paper 2 pillows and a couple cheap bars of foreign soap. no tissues extra towels etc. but whatever right. so i woke up after the first night there fired up the jacuzzi and enjoy that.... it was nice. until i got out and dried off and started to feel something biting me. i turned on all the lights to find we were infested with ants. all over the towels and around the jacuzzi. i go find the foreign managment fella who comes into the room sees them and immediately starts to infer that it was somehow my fault! he then goes on to offer to spray some poison in there for us......that wasnt going to work. long story short it was pulling teeth to get another room at a discounted price. he was worried about getting us moved to a different room so he could clean that one to "try and sell it for the night". "you understand its a business" is what he said to me. what a joke. my only advise is this.....if you are a bug person, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jla802001
norwalk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

the room was nasty a lots of bugs, no paper towels and toilet papar i cant belive a pay that money to stay in a room like that. never stay in this motel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank pipecol89
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

We had a really great stay at the Driftwood last week. The new management started by spending money on the inside of the rooms, so don't be put off by the modest exterior. A new bed/mattress and new jacuzzi, plus wifi. Set back from the road, not much noise beyond the sound of crickets. Close to the Fashion Outlet Malls. We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JuvefanToronto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wheatfield
Days Inn & Suites Niagara Falls/Buffalo
BEST WESTERN Summit Inn
BEST WESTERN Summit Inn
#7 of 50 in Niagara Falls

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!