“The only thing that we did not like on our trip to Niagara Falls”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Wheatfield B&B and Inns
Dearborn, Michigan
“The only thing that we did not like on our trip to Niagara Falls”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We booked it online using places that are very close to Niagara Falls. In our two day trip, we planned to stay indoors for only about 6 hours, so we wanted a cheaper option. This was cheap but the beds were not that great. There was no room service. We spent most of our time at Niagara Falls. There was lot of space for parking though which was free. The ladies in our group did not feel safe at night. The only thing that worked was that it was about 15-20 minutes drive from Niagara Falls. I do not think I'll stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vishal G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Webster, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

The first room we saw was infested with bugs. The manager was surprised that I had the temerity to actually complain about these additional wall scurrying occupants. We demanded another room - and a newer one was provided but at a price.

All that could be said about the new room is that it was, indeed, newer than the old room. There was no phone, probably because it had been worn out by previous occupants making complaints. There were no hand towels, thin bath towels the size of wash cloths, no hair dryer, no alarm clock, no Gideon bible, an inadequate lock on the door, no make up service for the room, no replacement towels without a visit to the lobby (which was often locked), no tissues and a generous allowance of one third of a roll of toilet paper.

The walls were so thin that the occupants of the neighbouring rooms could almost be seen, let alone heard.

The AC unit operated at random.

This is an extremely nasty place - DO NOT go there.

You have been warned!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank The_Morganator
Mifflintown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

When we arrived I noticed the office smelled like urine. We got our keys and went to the room. We had to go back to the desk because the door was not functioning right... The owner was rude and said you need to push on it... We go in the room and my husband sat on the bed.. I sat down and seen something gross on the blanket... Not sure what that was so we took it off... The sheets were from the 1970's along with the carpet and the bathroom fixtures. We figured ok lets use the jiquzie... Ha Ha you turn it on and it smells like rotten eggs. You say wow off to the shower and there is mold on the shower curtain. The room is warm and you check the air conditioner and the filter is clogged with dirt. My husband went outside for a smoke and the owner is positioning his own cars to make it look like he has more guests. You wake up the next day and leave and come back in the evening and ask for towels because they never even cleaned the room. You find hair on the bed. Bugs in the room. The amount of money you spend on the place is nuts considering what you get. I would never recomend this place!! Oh and don't forget the empty pool..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LWandSW
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Just terrible.. Pictures can lie!!!
We checked in for the labor day weekend and it was Terrible.. The room rent was 150$ for a night!!! It was the shabbiest of the hotels I have been to!!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank TravelersGuru
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife checked and and found bedbugs openly crawling on the sheets. She ran from the room.

NEVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank theslick
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

booked this hotel over the internet, thought we were getting an ok deal. the place smells and there is mold in the bathroom around the tub and up the walls. We complained and said we wanted a refund but were told that because we booked online we had entered a contract not to cancel upon arrival. Manager is very rude and does not seemto understand that he works in the service industry!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank xraygirl_11
Courtice, ON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I had to leave at 11:00 on Saturday night as I was getting so many bites.I showed the front desk all the bites on my legs and they gave me 1/2 of our money back. We have traveled extensively through the Caribbean and stayed at many hotels and motels in the states. I have never had this happen before.
It is old and run down and I have nothing good to say about this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank erin1961

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!